Clairol Natural Instincts Girls!

daviine

Please help me. Did you follow the directions exactly to the tee when you used their Level 2 Color? Also, did you substitute your own conditioner or did you use the one enclosed?

I'm not sure what color I'm going to do yet. I will probably choose from the following:

Rosewood (Dark Auburn Brown), Double espresso (dark bronze brown), hot cocoa (medium bronze brown), or cinnaberry (medium auburn brown)

Any suggestions?

I used the Cinnaberry on my daughter's hair a couple of months ago... yes, I think I followed the directions exactly, but I used my own conditioner on her hair afterwards, not the one they provided...
wink.gif

So Lindy--there's no shampooing involved?

I asked about the conditioner because I want to be sure its moisturizing enough.

I prefer Rosewood myself. I use their conditioner and my own because the amount of their conditioner is not enough to cover my hair.

Definitely don't shampoo your hair. Wait at least 24 to 48 hours before using a shampoo.

[ QUOTE ]
daviine said:
So Lindy--there's no shampooing involved?

I asked about the conditioner because I want to be sure its moisturizing enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't remember if the directions said to shampoo it out or not. Whatever they said, is what I did.

I have to tell you that I used Loreal Color Spa, which is a demi-permanent just like the Natural Instincts
smile.gif
- on my daughter's hair last weekend, and it gave a more noticeable effect on her hair - it turned out a really pretty deep auburn-ish brown color.
smile.gif
(Her natural color is a dark brown) I don't think we'll be going back to the Natural Instincts... Also, the conditioner that came with the ColorSpa made her hair really soft, and it smelled great!
smile.gif
Her rollerset came out great; her hair looked so healthy!!
grin.gif

Well I did it last night in Rosewood. I followed all directions to a tee. I used their conditioner which smelled yummy and made my hair feel great upon application. I can't really see the color too well so I guess that means I'll have to wait for the sun to come out so.........

One thing that I was confused about...are you supposed to use all of the mixture. I used a very small fraction of it yet I'm pretty sure my hair was saturated. In fact, I had to rinse my hair for about 10 minutes or so in order for the water to run clear. It seemed like I was rinsing forever!!!

My natural color is also a dark brown---what color did you use in Loreal Color Spa?

Well the best part is that the Natural Instincts was on sale for $5.99 plus I had a $2 coupon so I ended up paying 4 and change after tax.

Okay I remember now---I did skip a step---actually I didn't really skip a step--I more skimped on the step.

You're supposed to add a little water to the mixture on your head and massage until it starts lathering. I don't think mine started lathering (didn't check mirror) before I started rinsing it.

I hope that isn't why the results aren't as noticeable. Oh well, better luck next time!

Any naturals use this product? I used when I was permed, and really liked the product, but I'm worried about breakage.

<font color="purple">Daviine, I think on the package it says to apply the mixture to your hair(only on the new growth for touchups), work it in, let it set for 10 minutes or 20 for richer color. You rinse the hair thouroughly until the color runs clear, which would take at least 1.5 minutes. Apply the conditioner or use your own, make sure it's for color-treated or permed hair. Rinse and style. If you use a permanent color, then you wet your hair into a lather. You don't need to work a lather with a demi-permanent color.

Inky, the new and improved Natural Instincts will not damage your hair, and it is gentle to use on hair that's natural or relaxed. It doesn't have a lot of ammonia unlike permanent colors which can do a lot of damage because of the amount they use. I really love this stuff!

When I purchase some today, I'm going for Warm Chestnut and do a glazing technique(that's mixing color with a little shampoo to make the hair shine even more. It's popular in most salons). But I'm going to wait before the end of the month to use it. I'm in braids now. We'll see how it turns out. Toodles. </font>

Hey Babycurls--it said to leave on for only 8 minutes on relaxed hair......so I only left it on for that amount of time.
ohwell.gif

I use Natural Instincts every 4 months (Jet black) and I love it. I especially love the conditioner which has lots of Aloe in it. It makes my hair super soft and shiny. They have added more conditioner to the pack now which is suppose to last you up to 3-4 shampoos but I dont think it will last that long for me. I used half of it already when I colored and I'll use the other half whenever I wash again.

I used Rosewood but I think I would like to try Egyptian Plum next time.

Tee Tee--I really liked their conditioner as well...my hair is feeling great but I don't know who they thought could use that conditioner for 4 weeks---certainly not me!

[ QUOTE ]
daviine said:
Well I did it last night in Rosewood. I followed all directions to a tee. I used their conditioner which smelled yummy and made my hair feel great upon application. I can't really see the color too well so I guess that means I'll have to wait for the sun to come out so.........

One thing that I was confused about...are you supposed to use all of the mixture. I used a very small fraction of it yet I'm pretty sure my hair was saturated. In fact, I had to rinse my hair for about 10 minutes or so in order for the water to run clear. It seemed like I was rinsing forever!!!

My natural color is also a dark brown---what color did you use in Loreal Color Spa?

Well the best part is that the Natural Instincts was on sale for $5.99 plus I had a $2 coupon so I ended up paying 4 and change after tax.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so long as your hair was saturated, that was fine. I usually wind up using all of the color. Anyway, I usually have to wait until my hair is dry and I'm in the sun to see a color change.

[ QUOTE ]
daviine said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Daviine, We used a shade called "Redwood." It's quite a bit more noticeable than the "Cinnaberry" (Natural Instincts) that we used the last time. If any of you have dark hair and want a more noticeable color, you should try the ColorSpa.
smile.gif
It's VERY noticeable outside in the sun, but even indoors, you can see the color.
cool.gif
And all her friends at school noticed it, which is what she wanted...
grin.gif

Daviine, I'm glad you like the color that you used!! I can't believe you only left it in for 8 minutes!! (I never pay attention to the directions...
ohwell.gif
) I think I left my daughter's in for at least 30 minutes, cuz I wanted to make sure it would "take"...
look.gif

Lindy---I was scared I would dry out my fine hair. Since getting my hair cut, I'm trying to be extra gentle with my hair because its like a new beginning.

I'll be sure to check out the ColorSpa next time.

I'm going to try to take some pix later in the week--in the sun of course!
smile.gif

Back