Clairol Herbal Essences Conditioning Balm

Well, after searching what felt like the entire city of NY I finally found this conditioner and tried it just now for a conditioner wash. And so far I love it. My hair is in pigtails right now and not yet dry so I'll see how my hair looks tomorrow.

Like the post before on this page, I did Aubrey Organics GPB first (I'm using this more now since I"m doing a t/u next week) and as usual, the hair felt smoothly detangled. Then I put on the C. Balm for approx 8 mins while still in the shower with a shower cap on. On rinsing, the hair felt very very detangled and smooth. Very nice slip which of course I love.

I'm really happy with this conditioner as that noticeably detangled, smooth feeling is what I look for in a conditioner and this did it. It says it gives the results of a 30 min conditioning in 3 minutes but I left it on for a bit longer. Definitely gets a thumbs up and if my hair looks good tomorrow, then its definitely a re-purchase
up.gif

Scale from 1 to 10. I'd give it an 8.5 or 9. The LUST gets a 10. I'm glad I tried this conditioner though, it's excellent.

Thanks Jade21 for bringing it to my attention! Yet another product I wouldn't have tried had I not found this board. Although sometimes I don't know if that's a good thing
laugh.gif
crazy.gif

An 8.5 or 9, huh? Hmmmm.... it's a good thing I didn't officially sign up for the May challenge.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I'll see how the hair looks when dry. The other half of the test.

But I think you'd really like it if you like LUST (that sounds so funny if you don't know what that line means
laugh.gif
)

I tried this conditioner as well on the advice of Jade21 and I also really liked it. It left my hair feeling soft and detangled. The conditioner did a very good job at a very reasonable price.
clap.gif

I picked up a bottle of this at Walmart and used it as my deep conditioner with heat. It made my hair soooo soft.

After a week of searching I FINALLY found this!
drunk.gif
I also saw the new one, but I wanted to try the original formula first. I'll post my results tomorrow.

[ QUOTE ]
drunk.gif
I also saw the new one, but I wanted to try the original formula first. I'll post my results tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please let us know what the difference is in the original formula vs. the new one.

Yes please do. I was going to purchase it last week but decided to wait. I'm glad I did since you are doing a review.

[ QUOTE ]
drunk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I used this today and I left it on for longer than 3 minutes. It's okay, but not as good as their HE Triple Blends conditioner. The Triple Blends conditioner leaves my hair very soft, moist and detangling is a breeze. I didn't get that with the balm, but maybe I didn't use a lot. I'm going to give it another try the next time I wash my hair (it's presently in cornrows right now) and use much more product. So far, the only deep moisturizing conditioners I like is Kenra Intensive Emollient and Aveda Deep Penetrating Conditioner (contains some proteins too). I would love to have a cheap drug store alternative.

Back