Clairol Beautiful Semi Permanent

ItsyBitsy

I see that this hair color contains 2 types of proteins (keratin & silk). If I use this every two weeks can this take the place of a regular protein treatment. I used this over the weekend mixing wine brown & medium brown together followed by a deep conditioner and im very happy with the results. My hair feels silky, strong and moisturized.
I decided not to use the Sabastians Cellophane. Its not readily available and it's too expensive. I still have a brand new bottle of Brilliant Brown( check the exchange board) if anyones interested. TIA

I would still do my protein treatments. I used beautiful in the past, it never took the place of my protein treatments. My hair loves protein. I just returned the bottle brilliant brown that I had and purchased 3 bottles of coffee bean and one bottle of golden walnut. If you can get it at whole sale, the price is not bad $12.50 a bottle.

janeemat said:
I would still do my protein treatments. I used beautiful in the past, it never took the place of my protein treatments. My hair loves protein. I just returned the bottle brilliant brown that I had and purchased 3 bottles of coffee bean and one bottle of golden walnut. If you can get it at whole sale, the price is not bad $12.50 a bottle.

They are being discontinued :perplexed

I still do a protein treatment. Even though the product has protein in it, the main purpose is to color the hair, so it will do that more than it will strengthen the hair.

DIONNE31 said:
I see that this hair color contains 2 types of proteins (keratin & silk). If I use this every two weeks can this take the place of a regular protein treatment. I used this over the weekend mixing wine brown & medium brown together followed by a deep conditioner and im very happy with the results. My hair feels silky, strong and moisturized.
I decided not to use the Sabastians Cellophane. Its not readily available and it's too expensive. I still have a brand new bottle of Brilliant Brown( check the exchange board) if anyones interested. TIA
I use this product from time-to-time, and I also use Sebastian Colourshines from time-to-time. However, I STILL do protein treatments on a regular basis. I use Aubrey Organics GPB (mild protein). IMO, Clairol Beautiful Semi Permanent hair color does not have enough protein in it to consider it a protein treatment. Also, I wouldn't use a hair rinse every two weeks on my hair.

Back