Children's hair

deedee

Children\'s hair

Hi Ladies, I am a new member to the board. I am needing some advice desperately on what to do with my daughter's hair. She's 4 years old, and she has curly hair, but that stuff is so hard to comb after it's washed. My friend recommended for me to use "Motion's children's shampoo", it's supposed to detangle the hair, but it did the exact opposite. Can anyone please recommend me a good shampoo and conditioner that would help to make combing her hair easier on me. Thank you!

Re: Children\'s hair

I use Cream of Nature Ultra moisturizing formula shampoo for my daughter. I use any suave conditioner.

I too love Creme of Nature. I am not sure if they sell it anymore (kinda hard to find) but if you can find a bottle of the Creme of Nature with Natural Oils (in the brown bottle) that would probably be really good for her. Also, I am really loving the VO5 line. It's cheap and GOOD. especially the conditioners. Oh, and when you wash and condition, do not feel obligated to rinse ALL the conditioner out. Leave a tad bit in her hair. It will help with detangling and styling and will not hurt her hair one bit!

-lee

I too use the ultra moisturizing formula for my daughters hair - she is 4 too. Or sometimes I just do a conditioner wash with Lustrasilk super detangling conditioner with aloe vera - the green one. After shampooing as a leave in,I rub a quarter size amount of Humectress through her hair. Helps to detangle and makes her hair soft. S-Curl is good to after a shampoo. I use shea butter/oil mixture for shine and to seal in moisture.

I was horrified to see my sister wash her daughters hair. she uses cream of nature shampoo but then while the shampoo is still in and the hair all tangled from rubbing and soaping, takes a comb and rips thru the hair with such force that the poor child gets whip lash and cries. she had to stop over and over again and pull out all this hair from the comb. I dont mean a tiny amount I mean enough to do about 10 afro barbies! then she rinsed it and did another comb thru, yanking out even more hair. I was like, "be gentle! thats way too much hair to be yanking out of her head!" No conditioner or leave in afterwards, just box braids or what ever they call them. I'm gonna kidnap that girl and sneak and wash her hair "my way" and see what my sister says!

Thank you so much, ladies. I'm going out to buy the Creme of Nature shampoo today. For some reason I always thought that kids could only get their hair washed with "Kids shampoo". Wow, you learn something new everyday.

Thanks, alot.
smile.gif

I use Creme of Nature or Motions shampoo and a must have is the Motions conditioner I wouldn't be w/out that. My daughter is 5 with super thick, long natural hair. The conditioner really helps soften it and makes it easier to comb out.

Rhonda

CON has saved me with my daughters hair. She absolutely hates getting it washed & fights me during every single wash.... which of course it ends up getting tangled. During the rinse, it just slips apart & detangles right in front of my eyes. Her hair is just shy of her waist & If it were to tangle, which it has with other products, IT'S A LIVIN' NIGHTMARE
mad.gif
... I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO WITHOUT CON!!!

Hi deedee and welcome
wave.gif

I was very concerned about products I use on my children's heads also...I use "all natural" products on my children's heads. One is African Formula's Curl Maintenance Shampoo. It makes the hair very soft and detangles.

http://www.good-earth.com/african-formula-organic-curl-maintenance-shampoo.html

The other shampoo I use is Aubrey Organic's Natural Kids and Baby Shampoo. This shampoo smells lovely.

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/product1.cfm?product_id=101&cat=1

I also use both products on my own hair and love them.

Back