Chicago Stylist Recommendations?

afrofaithful

Anyone have any recommendations for a stylist is Chicago. I'm getting super frustrated and don't want to make any bad decisions. I just moved here recently and don't know anyone with natural hair (at least that takes care of it), and I need help :(.

I'm about to throw in the towel y'all.

I would not recommend Shawanna. She ripped my hair with a tangle teaser and burnt the rest with a flat iron. Not happy with her services.

Last edited:
Here's another Chicago Hair Stylist - Chicago Curl Collective Salon.
I haven't personally been to her shop, however I do like what I see so far in this video from this particular stylist.

I would be willing to try this stylist out - just this stylist though.

Anyone have any recommendations for a stylist is Chicago. I'm getting super frustrated and don't want to make any bad decisions. I just moved here recently and don't know anyone with natural hair (at least that takes care of it), and I need help :(.

I'm about to throw in the towel y'all.

Last edited:
I was going to suggest Shawanna at Huetiful as well. I am always pleased with her service. Nina is also awesome. Both of these ladies book fast so you should try to get on their schedule ASAP.

im basically done with salons at this point but if i were to go back huetiful is probably where id go

i had my hair straightened at hot comb and while they did get it bone straight, the shampoo/blow dryer girl didnt know wtf she was doing (she tried to blowdry my hair with a freaking paddle brush) and jacinta did not adhere to her scheduled appointment time. if huetiful actually puts you in the chair at the time you booked the appointment id say they are the best way to go.

Huetiful is a time based salon. The plus to that is there is very minimal wait time (probably 20 minutes tops). A downside to that is that extensive detanging (say if you are coming out if a protective style) and long hair (I think bra strap length) cost extra - this is explained in detail on their website when you go to book your appointment. They don't charge additional fees based on texture.

Tthe stylists do the washing, detangling, treatments, set/blow dry etc themselves. Nina is the head stylist there and she trains new stylists and MAY have one of them as an assistant. They are licensed and will still go through Huetiful training before they're allowed to touch you. The one time I had an assistant wash me was still a pleasant experience.

Back