Chi vs Solia help?

ChoKitty

Okay, I'm looking into purchasing a GOOD flat iron. My cheapies...arn't cutting it...and after getting my hair done today....Well, I need one. Lol. My hair was done with a CHI, which I had been looking at for a loooooong time...trying to decide if I wanted to save the money and get it...and today, having one used on me for the first time made me say yes....but when looking at Folica.com....I keep seeing a lot of bad reviews about it falling apart and such..But I see a lot of good reviews on the Solia...

Do any of you wonderful ladies have expierence with these, which would you reccommend...I don't want to waste my money...

I got my Chi from a stylist for $80. You can find them on ebay too, or any high end beauty supply like trade secret.

SEDU!!!!!!!!! Lol, I know that was not a choice, but check it out on folica....it is the bomb!

honey_jammz82 said:
SEDU!!!!!!!!! Lol, I know that was not a choice, but check it out on folica....it is the bomb!

Lol! I was actually looking at that one too...30 dollars is a big difference for me, broke college student. But, I am considering it.

I recently purchased the Maxiglide flat iron and used it on 11 week post relaxer hair and it came out incredibly straight. My hair looked as if I just came out of a salon with a fresh relaxer. The next time that I use it, I will definately post pictures. I would definately recommend the Maxiglide.

chestnutblonde said:
I recently purchased the Maxiglide flat iron and used it on 11 week post relaxer hair and it came out incredibly straight. My hair looked as if I just came out of a salon with a fresh relaxer. The next time that I use it, I will definately post pictures. I would definately recommend the Maxiglide.

LOL, another one to look at! Someone at work told me to try a Helen of Troy flat iron..

I love my Chi! I have almost 7 months worth of newgrowth and when I use it (correctly) It looks like a have a fresh relaxer.

chestnutblonde said:
I second the Maxiglide:grin: , this thing is the Bomb!! Leaves every strand soft and silky..;)

The CHI is the one I own and swear by it I can use it on any client from fine to coarse hair and get the best results. Do you use the silk Therapy oil all my clients love the smell and the feel of their hair after useing.

Ask your stylist if they will buy one for you at or near their price?
latest supliers special was 90.00

Last edited:
Back