Chi is snaginggggg my hair

clever

So...
before I purchased the chi I read that people were having problems with "snagging".I've had it for about a year now and it just started doing this.:ohwell:Its like the plates aren't smooth.

Has this happened to any of you?What iron do you use now?

I'm thinking about a sedu or maybe a FHI...does anybody have snag issues with these irons?

UPDATE:
I found the problem....my comb wheh doing the comb chase method.The iron is fine on its own..

Last edited:
I'm using a Solia on my natural hair and it didn't snag one bit. It's a a few months old though so I don't know if that will change.

My sister has a chi. I used it once and yes it snags. I was at the BSS store a couple of weeks ago and they had all of the chi's marked down because they will not be caring them anymore. Purchase at your own risk, no returns, no warranty through the store, etc. Well, I inquired why they would not be carrying them anymore and she stated that they were crappy now and the stylists had been complaining about them. She stated that they were not as well made as they were when they first hit the markets. This is a BSS store that's for the licensed cosmos only. Well, they a had a GHD from a holiday clearance that I purchased and I must say it is the truth. One swipe was all it took on 9 wks post ng. Better that the sedu. My husband purchased a sedu for me a couple of years ago and I returned it because it did nothing for my hair. So this year I decide to try the flat irons again to help extend my relaxer. GHD it is!

My FHIs don't snag -- but they are only a few months old.

Thanks.Someone is selling a FHI on another board and I'm thinking about buying it.

I'm using a Solia on my natural hair and it didn't snag one bit. It's a a few months old though so I don't know if that will change.

Your hair is beautiful!The solia was my first iron and it didn't snag my hair but it didn't straighten well for me:sad:

My sister has a chi. I used it once and yes it snags. I was at the BSS store a couple of weeks ago and they had all of the chi's marked down because they will not be caring them anymore. Purchase at your own risk, no returns, no warranty through the store, etc. Well, I inquired why they would not be carrying them anymore and she stated that they were crappy now and the stylists had been complaining about them. She stated that they were not as well made as they were when they first hit the markets. This is a BSS store that's for the licensed cosmos only. Well, they a had a GHD from a holiday clearance that I purchased and I must say it is the truth. One swipe was all it took on 9 wks post ng. Better that the sedu. My husband purchased a sedu for me a couple of years ago and I returned it because it did nothing for my hair. So this year I decide to try the flat irons again to help extend my relaxer. GHD it is!
hmmmm now ya got me wantin a GHD :spinning:.You know its bad if even stylists are complaining about them!The CHI gets my hair super duper silky but I can't hang with this snaggin' buisness.

Shopsmart, published by Consumer Reports, did a test on flat irons and Chi was one of the worst. Their top pics were a Conair Infiniti, Bespoke and Revlon (cheapy).

So...
before I purchased the chi I read that people were having problems with "snagging".I've had it for about a year now and it just started doing this.:ohwell:Its like the plates aren't smooth.

Has this happened to any of you?What iron do you use now?

I'm thinking about a sedu or maybe a FHI...does anybody have snag issues with these irons?

I have a sedu (1.5") and it doesn't pull I think its b/c the plates are solid ceramic. I have had mine since 2005 and its working just as great as when I purchased it. I have a solia (1") to for almost a year and its great too no snagging and my hair looks like I had a relaxer when I use it on my roots.

Just make sure that when you get a new flat iron that the plates are solid ceramic instead of coating. I'm not sure about how chi is but I have used one before on a friend and she experience the pulling when I ran teh flat iron through her hair.

I have a sedu (1.5") and it doesn't pull I think its b/c the plates are solid ceramic. I have had mine since 2005 and its working just as great as when I purchased it. I have a solia (1") to for almost a year and its great too no snagging and my hair looks like I had a relaxer when I use it on my roots.

Just make sure that when you get a new flat iron that the plates are solid ceramic instead of coating. I'm not sure about how chi is but I have used one before on a friend and she experience the pulling when I ran teh flat iron through her hair.

Thanks.I'm looking at the sedu on folica and it says "Patented ultra-smooth plates guarantee smooth straightening motion without pulling or breakage of hair".Sounds just like what I'm looking for.

I also just read the CHI is ceramic but not Tourmaline.I wonder if this makes the difference?

I heard those GHDs are awesome!

I have a Chi. It snags too! My first one didn't but this one sure does. I wish I woulnt have bought it. All the stylists around here still swear by it but know I know better.

Maybe I got one of the older ones that were "better".. I've had mine for almost 3 years, and no snagging problems.. I still want a new iron though...

I have a Chi. It snags too! My first one didn't but this one sure does. I wish I woulnt have bought it. All the stylists around here still swear by it but know I know better.
hmmm...

I wonder if the earlier editions were made better?I want a refund :look:

by the way...I just purchased a new SEDU,used FHI,and another limited edition CHI iron.I'll return the ones that don't work after I try them all :giggle:

I've had 1" and 2" CHI irons and the larger one snagged after a while. But I admit, I wasn't cleaning it like I should and just abused it. The plates seemed to get this texture to them and a little jagged around the edges and started to pull my hair over time.

My Chi is older as well and does not snag, but I do clean it after each use.. but dang, I've been telling friends to get the new ones.. Iguess I need to write some emails... (opens new screen)... That would really suck!

I wonder if Marshall's still has the Bespoke dryer's and flat irons? Someone foudn them there for 65 bucks.

I've had 1" and 2" CHI irons and the larger one snagged after a while. But I admit, I wasn't cleaning it like I should and just abused it. The plates seemed to get this texture to them and a little jagged around the edges and started to pull my hair over time.
Thats what I've been noticing.I even noticed a few little knicks on the plates...I'm suprised because I try to take good care of my irons.
My Chi is older as well and does not snag, but I do clean it after each use.. but dang, I've been telling friends to get the new ones.. Iguess I need to write some emails... (opens new screen)... That would really suck!

I wonder if Marshall's still has the Bespoke dryer's and flat irons? Someone foudn them there for 65 bucks.
I try to clean my after each use as well.Maybe I just use it too much :giggle:

i have a chi and a fhi. the fhi doesnt snag in fact it runs through my hair really smooth BUT it does not get my hair as silky as my chi.
my chi snags sometimes but not often because i only go over each section of hair once so it doesnt cause any harm to my hair.

Back