chelating shampoos...?

lilsparkle825

i currently have a clarifying poo (suave) that i use once every 2 weeks but i asked my dad if we have hard water and he said yes, and from what i am reading on here my suave will not get rid of this problem. therefore...
  • can someone tell me what it does differently?
  • can you recommend one? how is it pricewise?
i currently DC 2x a week and i am pushing for swang by any means necessary. tia <3

hi well i don't know of any "chelating" sshampoos although i thik i read swimmers shampoo is chelating because it removes mineral deposits. dr. bronners/castile soaps are good to if you buy t you would have to dilute it a little bit the bottle says it protects from hard water, also try acv and baking soda rinses. wel i sure know how to clarify, hopeflly some other ladies can tune in about chelating. you can try doing a search in google by typing "chelating longhaircareforum" HTH :grin:

On yet another APL journey

Clarifying gets rid of surface buildup like cones, mineral oil, etc. Chelating cleans everything down to the core of your hair and removes EVERYTHING like mineral deposits from hard water.

A good chelating poo is ORS Creamy Aloe :yep:

Clarifying gets rid of surface buildup like cones, mineral oil, etc. Chelating cleans everything down to the core of your hair and removes EVERYTHING like mineral deposits from hard water.

Ahh man, more products to buy, is the ORS Creamy Aloe the neutralizing poo? is there a way you can chelate without shampoo?

thanks tiffers. I am going to the bss today.

I use Redken Cleansing Cream. I don't remember the price - I got 2 bottles when it was buy one get one 50% off at Trade Secret.

ooh, anything starting with "ORS" means i can find it at wal-mart or the bss...trade secret is off limits for me.

thank you! how often do you use it? not too often i gather...

:grin::grin:Thanks. I had been wondering this for a while now. You clarified this question like a champ. So I use baking soda and ACV to clarify, is that also considered as chelating? The reason I ask is because after I do this, my hair is so squeaky clean that it feels stripped.

Hi there,

Is this gentle or very stripping?
It's gentle. I use it every other week. I recommend it. I used to use Suave Clarifying and Pantene Clarifying, but those didn't chelate so I switched to Redken.

I also noticed Quantum clarifying/chelating shampoo at Sally's. I'm interested in trying that also.

Ahh man, more products to buy, is the ORS Creamy Aloe the neutralizing poo? is there a way you can chelate without shampoo?

As far as I know, using a chelating shampoo is the only way to do it. The ORS Creamy Aloe s their neutralizing poo :yep:

ooh, anything starting with "ORS" means i can find it at wal-mart or the bss...trade secret is off limits for me.

thank you! how often do you use it? not too often i gather...

I chelate once a month because I relax with no lye, and I have hard water. So I really have to stay on top of it, or else my hair will act a donkey! :lol:

I love Kenra Clarifying & Chelating poo. It does both at the same time!

It smells great and doesn't strip the hair.

You get free shipping if you spend $25 or more at Premiumproducts.com

As far as I know, using a chelating shampoo is the only way to do it. The ORS Creamy Aloe s their neutralizing poo :yep:

So you can't use baking soda to chelate?
Man..i haven't chelated in like 6 weeks..and i use ORS No-Lye and i think we have hard water :look:
I think i need to do this this week then..man :wallbash:

I love Kenra Clarifying & Chelating poo. It does both at the same time!

It smells great and doesn't strip the hair.

You get free shipping if you spend $25 or more at Premiumproducts.com

Ooooh, thanks for sharing! I love Kenra MC, so I'm gonna have to check this out! :grin:

So you can't use baking soda to chelate?
Man..i haven't chelated in like 6 weeks..and i use ORS No-Lye and i think we have hard water :look:
I think i need to do this this week then..man :wallbash:

no. baking soda is not a chelating agent. you need a chelating shampoo.

It's gentle. I use it every other week. I recommend it. I used to use Suave Clarifying and Pantene Clarifying, but those didn't chelate so I switched to Redken.

I also noticed Quantum clarifying/chelating shampoo at Sally's. I'm interested in trying that also.

ty so much for getting back to me. I am going to check it out.

Does anyone know if I can use a neutralizing shampoo to replace a chelating shampoo? I have a huge bottle and I am trying to find use for it since I stopped doing my own relaxers.

the kenra one sounds good but i will have to wait till another liter sale for that...thanks everyone, now i have two to really look out for

I have that one too, but the first time you try it, LISTEN TO YOUR HAIR not the directions. I tried to follow thoes directions but my hair wasn't havin it!! It still did the job though. I just know that I have to take it easy, ya know?

No hair expert here...but I love Kenra (chelating), Ion clarifying shampoo (Sally's Beauty Supply) and Nexxus Aloe Rid(clarifying poo)...the Generic from Sally's works too!!! Because of raved reviews I tried Baking Soda and I can say I really like the feel of my hair!

However, when I use Kenra I HAVE to follow up with a moisturizing Deep conditioner! ^^^^the other three I mentioned doesn't strip my hair like Kenra! But I love the feel of my hair after using Kenra and then deep conditioning!

Back