Check this youtuber out...

Oh I agree that it's no secret black men LOVE them some long hair on a woman. I'm all for a black man encouraging his women, just don't bring white women into the mix. Keep the focus on us.

See, now why did he have to bring up WW/BM in THIS video? He knows it isn't about hair. They are not more fly than us, long hair or not. :giggle:

:grin:

I agree about him bringing it up in this vid. I think he did it because it's something that really confuses and bothers him.....that's the impression i got from the other vid. He seemed to be just as confused as we are, lol....but that's another subject, lol.

See, now why did he have to bring up WW/BM in THIS video? He knows it isn't about hair. They are not more fly than us, long hair or not. :giggle:

because he knew it was gonna irk the mess out of black women and hopefully motivate us to take his advice and grow our own hair :lol:

and NO they are not as fresh as i'm is! :lol:

:grin:

I agree about him bringing it up in this vid. I think he did it because it's something that really confuses and bothers him.....that's the impression i got from the other vid. He seemed to be just as confused as we are, lol....but that's another subject, lol.

Well knowing this he gets a pass. Some brothers will bring this crap up as a way to 'scare' us into conforming. 'Y'all need to get in shape, grow your hair, act nicer, do freaky stuff, or we're running off with Scarlett O'Hara and 'nem.' I'm like dang, it takes all that?:perplexed

I wonder what 'long' hair is to most black men? I can agree that we need to take better care of our hair, though length should be a personal choice. I just can't see most black women putting in the effort to grow MBL and longer hair. Healthy shoulder length, I can get down with.

I wonder if men like him realize how complex the hair thing is. Like, what if we want to work up a sweat at the gym? It's not just wash and go for most of us.

It doesn't help that we can rock short hair better than anyone else. The way our hair holds a style if proof enough. Nobody can rock a baldie like a black woman. Nobody can rock a pixie like us. Our hair looks good short and long. It just isn't fair.:nono::drunk:

I was gonna say this too. Everyone does not know the right way to grow hair.

I watched the vid again and he knows what he's talking about when it comes to hair care. I was like.....is he on this board somewhere, lol. He was basically saying that more black women should take then time to properly take care of their hair rather than cover the damaged hair up with weaves all the time which is something that we say here all the time. I don't think he was downing weaves etc., just saying take care of your own hair because it's not that hard to do.

When I watched it...I was thinking the same thing:lachen:.(On the bolded) Hence, the reason I was wondering about the leave-in he was speaking of. I'm in braids and in search of another leave-in. I'm using Infusium 23 now . I need a change:yep:.

When I watched it...I was thinking the same thing:lachen:.(On the bolded) Hence, the reason I was wondering about the leave-in he was speaking of. I'm in braids and in search of another leave-in. I'm using Infusium 23 now . I need a change:yep:.
You mean that leave in that he kissed:lachen:. Yeah, I want to check that one out too. It looks pretty good. I cracked up when he made out with it:lachen:. He acts like us when it comes to hair care.

I've seen this guy rant and rave about other stuff. Just another black guy on youtube ranting about what black women should do or not do. I don't care for it.

I agree with this. He's ignorant and he needs to mind his own business. Black men cannot understand the issues that black women face with regard to their hair and appearance. The pressure is unbelievable! Until he walks a mile in our shoes, he needs to be QUIET. He sounds like a brainwashed Uncle Tom. I want to see HIM grow HIS natural hair to his waist! Best believe he'll be complaining that his arms hurt and he's tired...Talkin about black women are LAZY because they don't grow their hair long!? Nine times out of ten, men like him were RAISED by single black women who BUSTED THEIR BUTTS to keep them fed and sheltered! Where are they supposed to find the HOURS to keep their hair from breaking off!?!?

That is BS! If a black woman grows her hair long, that's HER business. If she doesn't that's HER business too. If he's so into white women (with is fake "pro-black" self) he should go ahead. Black women don't need the materialistic negativity. We get enough of that from the media and general society! Black men are supposed to be our support system! They're supposed to empathize with us and protect us from the BS. Instead they're busy trying to compete with the White man for the ultimate status symbol; Barbie in all of her glory! It's pitiful and disgusting! :perplexed They need to get themselves together before they throw stones at us. If they're so into the White man's standards, why don't black men do what white men do in terms of providing for their families? Maybe THEN black women will have the time and luxury to stay home and spend hours on their hair!...

He's full of crap!

BTW - I went back and looked at some of his other rants. He's not a deep thinker. He contradicts himself all over the place! LOL! I guess I shouldn't take his stuff so seriously...The guy is basically confused. He's making a fool of himself. NEXT!

Last edited:
I guess the reason why I didn't take offense and found it more entertaining than anything was b/c all the other hilarious stuff he was saying that you ladies have already mentioned.

You could get a sense right away of where he's coming from in terms of his intellect/experience - some said ignorance- so I just listened (despite his knowledge or lack of it), heard and moved on.

He stated a lot of things that are obvious- black men & women like long hair and sure I know some men are shallow enough to make decisions based on that (the long hair piece; jacked up- well that's another story:grin:)... to me these are the ones who never moved past those childish things. but my point was who are these men? really- these type of men don't matter to me so no offense taken.

Um...when i was in highschool. a lot of the black guys i know dated the puerto rican girls in school who hung out w/ the black crowd. You had your white ppl: some hung out w/ all white, mix, or all black. some hispanics hung out w/ all rican, mix, or all black.
Majority of the black guys would date the puerto rican girls because there hair was long or it didn't look a mess. Not sayin its a double standard but I can understand that a guy don't want a girl w/ damaged/jacked up hair. Especially in the high school era.

I guess the reason why I didn't take offense and found it more entertaining than anything was b/c all the other hilarious stuff he was saying that you ladies have already mentioned.

You could get a sense right away of where he's coming from in terms of his intellect/experience - some said ignorance- so I just listened (despite his knowledge or lack of it), heard and moved on.

He stated a lot of things that are obvious- black men & women like long hair and sure I know some men are shallow enough to make decisions based on that (the long hair piece; jacked up- well that's another story:grin:)... to me these are the ones who never moved past those childish things. but my point was who are these men? really- these type of men don't matter to me so no offense taken.

You're right. I'm up here taking offense and men like him ARE NOT my type. :grin: Don't get me wrong, I'm down for long hair or I wouldn't be on this board. It's just different coming from a woman who understands the complexity of black women and our hair. He sees the lack of long hair among black women as 'laziness'. Typical male. It has nothing to do with that. Black women are abusing their hair trying to keep up with Eurocentric beauty standards. Come at me with some true knowledge on the issue or just stick to the basics (his hair tips). Aside from the tips he provided (which were great), the rest of what he said was rubbish.

Any time you have a man talking about hair care, I am amused. This video was alright. I was about to crack up when he said all Black hair needs is moisture. Y'all better watch what you say up in here. He's probably lurking right now.

*waves to Jaylove*

I think in general men whether black or white love long hair, but that doesn't stop our men from loving us. He was just talking from his limited experiences from interacting with black males and their opinions. I don't agree with that because I know males that said it is not their hair and I could do as I please. They loved me with my braids and weaves and even, with my hair. It just depends on the dude. Also, black woman are not lazy concerning their hair--why would we spend so much and spend hours at salons even without being knowledgable about this site.

Overall, the guy gave excellent pointers and offered his hair regimen. The stylist he goes to knows what they are talking about--hmmm. We need to ask him where he goes--b/c that person has a lot of common sense then, the others--hmm...

I listen and take info in with a grain of salt.... the sad thing about it though is he's correct in that there are some (not all) shallow men that will date because of the length of a persons hair... they're usually young men - my son for instance 26 - will come over to the house with his friends and they talk - I listen and always scold my son when they leave... but his one best friend will not date a black women if her hair is not long so he's crossed the tracks (dates white women with blue eyes and long blonde hair. Hopefully when these young people grow up they'll have a change of heart and see hair is not what sets the foundation for a great relationship. The video was entertainment to me - Like the talk shows I watch once in awhile lol

i'm still laughing at "olive or-yu" and "moish.

...PLEASE do not jump on me...this is my opinion only (and it's none of my business one way or the other) but I've never met a man who really liked women and kissed moisturizer...what is really going on...

I aint mad at him, hes saying much of the things that i see women talk about around here and other hair boards, even some of the negative stuff.

I thought he was funny. He wasn't really downing black women, he was just being facetious to make a point. That point is that black women have the potential to have long, beautiful, healthy hair. I've seen it! I'm jealous of it! :P

I've seen some of your testimonials on forums about how your friends and family react. We all know good and well that a ridiculous amount of black women weave their hair up and it's not for protective reasons (bc they're bald headed underneath and don't take care of their hair), and claim they relax their hair because natural hair is "too hard" to take care of or they "don't have the time." If you've got time to sit in a salon chair for several hours, you have time to moisturize your hair.

Back