Check this out.....

BronxDiva

Date: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 11:29:18
To: amwfam
Subject: Re:Motions CPR

What about the mineral oil in CPR? I thought mineral oil is bad for hair?

Hi BronxDiva!
Of the three products sitting on my desk right now, all three have some degree of mineral oil in them! Who is telling you this?? Are they a chemist?? Mineral oil is obviously very, very good for the hair! It helps to lubricate the hairshaft from within and outside, too! Our chemist is the talented chemist in the beauty industry!! Trusssssssssst him! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Take Care!!
"The Expert"
Motions Professional
Hair Care Products

What do you think????? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

LOL!!! These people are so unprofessional in their replies its so funny to me now. But i agree with them. most if not all oils will lubricate you hair shaft, some better than others. you just need to be more selective when it come to the scalp

Well i think that we all know that mineral oil is good for our hair, and ou hair alone. Petroleum and mineral oils are not good for the scalp, and will clog pores. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

But here's my questions. Is it really MOISTURIZING the hair from the inside out or just sitting on top looking shiny? Because I use petroleum jelly (vaseline) on my lips to protect them but it damn sure doesn't make them moist. See what I'm sayin?

Let me guess, is the author of this email Audrey M. Wells? If not, they must all talk the same way in that place. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Perhaps there is some small benefit to mineral oil in a hair product, but their response doesn't quite provide a clear answer to the question. It would have been nice if they could have given a more thorough explanation as to why it may be perceived as bad, but why they feel it's a good ingredient for their product.

So far, I don't know what to make of their responses to your emails or mine. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

is this for real?? i know she didnt respond like that? this is not boomsheka hair and dem sum this is supposed to be motions hair care line and that is so unprofessional. what in the world kind of answer is that? i mean i hope they dont do seminars with this person as the speaker because i would get up and start running. /images/graemlins/nuts.gif God bless you all.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Ennyaa said:
But here's my questions. Is it really MOISTURIZING the hair from the inside out or just sitting on top looking shiny? Because I use petroleum jelly (vaseline) on my lips to protect them but it damn sure doesn't make them moist. See what I'm sayin?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mineral oil does not moisturize from the inside; I can't believe the Motions rep. even said that. Why is it that you can get more intelligent answers from small business owners (Lisa Pleasant, the Kemi company, etc.) than from a huge company. Instead of saying trust our chemists she should have quoted a chemist on why they use mineral oil in the product. I personally love CPR and I think the Mineral Oil is what provides the great slippage for me, but I'm not fooled into thinking that it penetrates my hair shaft.

is this for real?? i know she didnt respond like that? this is not boomsheka hair and dem sum this is supposed to be motions hair care line and that is so unprofessional. what in the world kind of answer is that? i mean i hope they dont do seminars with this person as the speaker because i would get up and start running.

[/ QUOTE ] LOL!! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I can't believe the Motions rep. even said that. Why is it that you can get more intelligent answers from small business owners (Lisa Pleasant, the Kemi company, etc.) than from a huge company. Instead of saying trust our chemists she should have quoted a chemist on why they use mineral oil in the product.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must say, I'm as surprised as you are. I am so unimpressed with that company. I really think they need to train their reps to sound more professional than they do. Unbelievable...

azul11 said:
is this for real?? i know she didnt respond like that? this is not boomsheka hair and dem sum this is supposed to be motions hair care line and that is so unprofessional. what in the world kind of answer is that? i mean i hope they dont do seminars with this person as the speaker because i would get up and start running. /images/graemlins/nuts.gif God bless you all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ghettooooooooo!!!! /images/graemlins/nono.gif /images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Pebbles,

I also think they need a better writer for their webiste Q&amp;As. I also don't understand why they don't have real photos of hairstyles for adults instead of cartoons! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Pebbles,

I also think they need a better writer for their webiste Q&amp;As. I also don't understand why they don't have real photos of hairstyles for adults instead of cartoons!

[/ QUOTE ] Thank-You! I thought I was the only one! /images/graemlins/look.gif

Hi BronxDiva!
Of the three products sitting on my desk right now, all three have some degree of mineral oil in them! Who is telling you this?? Are they a chemist?? Mineral oil is obviously very, very good for the hair! It helps to lubricate the hairshaft from within and outside, too! Our chemist is the talented chemist in the beauty industry!! Trusssssssssst him! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Take Care!!
"The Expert"
Motions Professional
Hair Care Products

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a joke right? I am offended by the "Expert's" tone in their response. It sounds condescending and makes light of concerns about mineral oil and hair/scalp health. I don't believe it moisturizes the hair (water does), and the response to your letter was just plain ignorant - IG'NANT.

Oil=oil. Not moisture. Mineral oil is very popular in hair products because it gives shine, weight and can help reduce frizz when doing blowouts/flatironing etc. But moisture? No.

I'm not surprised by that answer...think about it...it's their product...of course they arent' gonna tell you it's bad for your hair...cause that would be 'bad' for their sales... and that's all that counts.....the bottom line...the almighty dollar....

I was just thinking that you and she had established a rapport over several previous emails and that's why this one was soooooooo "casual" and common. I guess that ain't it, hunh?

azul11 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BronxDiva said:
Date: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 11:29:18
To: amwfam
Subject: Re:Motions CPR

What about the mineral oil in CPR? I thought mineral oil is bad for hair?

Hi BronxDiva!

Take Care!!
"The Expert"
Motions Professional
Hair Care Products

[/ QUOTE ]Why don't they just tell the truth we use it because it's cheap. /images/graemlins/smile.gif mineral oil is the hair product equivalent to fillers for tablets Garbage! .

Supergirl said:
I was just thinking that you and she had established a rapport over several previous emails and that's why this one was soooooooo "casual" and common. I guess that ain't it, hunh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope........... /images/graemlins/nono.gif
This is the second email Ive had with this amw crazy /images/graemlins/nuts.gif person. It was suggested that I send an email with the responses from this site and let them see how idiotic they sound. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi BronxDiva!
Of the three products sitting on my desk right now, all three have some degree of mineral oil in them! Who is telling you this?? Are they a chemist?? Mineral oil is obviously very, very good for the hair!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Lordy! Just because everything has mineral in it means it's good for the hair?! /images/graemlins/look.gif I don't know if mineral oil is "bad" for hair, but it sure is greasy. And it just sits on top of my hair collecting dirt and grime...

azul11 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif Boomsheka hair - I love that!!

But seriously, what the heck is up with the tone of their responses? I thought that response to Pebble's question re/pH levels was a fluke, but do they train all their reps to sound so 'round the way? There's also a condescending tone to their responses, like they're talking to blithering idiots and they have to speak verrrry slooooowly and reeeeeeal simple so that you can understand. Very disappointing that a major black hair care company sounds so unprofessional. /images/graemlins/nono.gif They must figure that people emailing questions don't know much about hair care.

Back