Check out my friends routine-anyone else do this?

ThinNnappy

Okay, i got a friend with pretty hair, that use to act like it came naturall, everytime i ask her what she does shes "just wash and olive oil" "my grandmas indian" anyway she was in my room and to my embarrasment she found my hair schedule in my little secret bin with all my vitamins and thousands of hair condit. and moist. ect.-but then i guess she realized shes not the only one who cares about hair and told me her, we compared what we do the same and diff. ( it was intressting) look at this

I wonder why she isnt ********

Every Month
week 1: touch-up -blowdry and flatiron
week2: protein treatment and Deep Cond.-blowdry and flatiron
week3: clairify & deep Cond.-blowdry and flatiron
week4: protein treat. & deep cond-blowdry and flatiron

And she said she keeps the conditoner on her head all day with a shower cap i was thinking (longhaircareforum) but she didnt know what i was talking about

what do yall think-do you do this or anything close?
(I do want to start blowdrying and flatironing once a week though because my hair is actually breacking from this airdrying and rollersetting.)

The blow-dryer scares me :eek: But I admit once a week I would deep condition prior to setting - sit under the hooded dryer then flat iron. I'm still in the learning phases of protein though...

It sounds like once a week deep conditioning is helping her a lot. Even if I flat ironed once a week, I would never blow dry once a week, but if it's working for her, great.

other than heat her regime is good...but i wouldn't do a protein treat as soon as one week after relaxing....more like a month.

ThinNnappy said:
Okay, i got a friend with pretty hair, that use to act like it came naturall, everytime i ask her what she does shes "just wash and olive oil" "my grandmas indian" anyway she was in my room and to my embarrasment she found my hair schedule in my little secret bin with all my vitamins and thousands of hair condit. and moist. ect.-but then i guess she realized shes not the only one who cares about hair and told me her, we compared what we do the same and diff. ( it was intressting) look at this

I wonder why she isnt ********

Every Month
week 1: touch-up -blowdry and flatiron
week2: protein treatment and Deep Cond.-blowdry and flatiron
week3: clairify & deep Cond.-blowdry and flatiron
week4: protein treat. & deep cond-blowdry and flatiron

And she said she keeps the conditoner on her head all day with a shower cap i was thinking (longhaircareforum) but she didnt know what i was talking about

what do yall think-do you do this or anything close?
(I do want to start blowdrying and flatironing once a week though because my hair is actually breacking from this airdrying and rollersetting.)
My aunt is waistlength relaxed and has never heard of LHCF. She stretches relaxers, does little heat, wears protective styles etc. but if you came up to her asking her if she did all of the above she would probably look at you crazy because she doesnt know internet hairboard terminology. Her strands of hair are also thick and coarse. Maybe your friend just has thick coarse hair that can take the heat. It sounds like she has been doing it for awhile? If she noticed breakage i'm sure she would stop.

I can see this working. If she has thick strands, she can get away with it, especially since she deep conditions and does so much protein. It isn't too much protein for her b/c her hair needs it. If the hair is well protected before a blowdry, it may not be that damaging. Also, has her hair always been long? Maybe she started the routine after her hair got long and she uses the routine to maintain as opposed to growing it out. Doesn't Sylver2 blowdry weekly?

honestly, I stopped thinking about people who just naturally have great hair. One of my friends has BSL hair and she doesn't do ANYTHING that would help her hair. At least your friend deep conditions. I think some people have really strong hair that grows without much logical explanation.

cutiebe2 said:
honestly, I stopped thinking about people who just naturally have great hair. One of my friends has BSL hair and she doesn't do ANYTHING that would help her hair. At least your friend deep conditions. I think some people have really strong hair that grows without much logical explanation.

yeah i guess your right, like white people and stuff. That crap aint fair, ....well ok then, just wanted yalls opinion on that routune and if it sounded dagerous-cause i wasnt, i gone give it a try boy! That means your hair could be lookin nice all day instead of this no heat havin me lookin busted- But i see some stuff is just natural for others

ThinNnappy said:
Wow :eek: it sounds crazy to me relaxing and all that protein every month
I guess its just me

I followed this regimen for years with no adverse effect. Long before I came to LHCF I was doing protein treatments every week. I was perming every 6 weeks though. The difference is I was blowdrying and flat ironing 2-3 times a week.

I blow dry weekly and have been doing so for years. Last night I blew dry my hair on the cool setting which seemed to work out ok. I just can't air dry because my hair just doesn't like that and I end up with too much breakage. :perplexed I would love it if I could air dry though. It would save me so much time.

2cute, girl you got some rocking hair!!! Now you must tell us your regimen...what hair type are you? What are you putting in that hair? I must know!!!

ichephren said:
I can see this working. If she has thick strands, she can get away with it, especially since she deep conditions and does so much protein. It isn't too much protein for her b/c her hair needs it. If the hair is well protected before a blowdry, it may not be that damaging. Also, has her hair always been long? Maybe she started the routine after her hair got long and she uses the routine to maintain as opposed to growing it out.Doesn't Sylver2 blowdry weekly?

I use to, not anymore. Now I probably blowdry twice a month in the winter and maybe once a month in summer.
I see the difference in me not blowdrying so much.

I blowdry and flat-iron or hot-curl my hair every 3-5 days. I've found that if I keep my hair clean, well conditioned, and moisturized, I don't have any problems (breakage) and the heat doesn't bother me. I have very thick hair so airdrying doesn't work for me. I need something to flatten my hair--calm my hair down. Plus, it looks so silky and has so much body.

I don't understand why everybody is afraid of protein. If she uses that much heat, she needs that much protein. Keep in mind that most "protein" conditioners on the market don't have much of it as an ingredient anyway. I use protein almost week too, shoot-- my hair needs it.

Everyone's hair is different. My girlfriend (1ciii) can use a blowdryer every single day without any damage to her color-treated hair.

Back