CHEAPEST HAIR STEAMER???

thinkpinkprincess

Hey Ladies,

It's been a while, I know - been crazy busy with school, volunteering, and a work-study job... :drunk:

Anyway, I finally have enough to purchase a hair steamer which I really want, but I was wondering if any of you know of a cheap one, like, $125 pr less :look: it can be tabletop, that's completely fine! If someone could please help me out, I would totally appreciate it! Thanks!

Hi I am looking for hair steamer , which one is better table top , or long stand up one , I see they have an owner here in ATL and I found some on Ebay . What you think about buying from Ebay

I LOVE ebay!

You get great prices, and you get ebay's buyer's protection and paypal's buyer's protection if you have a problem with the seller (which is rare).

I feel safe with ebay and paypal. I also like the fact that they have a phone number that you can speak to a LIVE person at any time of day (except for late at night).

Try it. I sound like I work for them, don't I?:lachen:I just love them.:look:

As for what steamer,
I would buy the stand up one, only because you don't have to find a table that's just the right height to put the steamer on. I hated the table top dryers because of that.

Hi I am looking for hair steamer , which one is better table top , or long stand up one , I see they have an owner here in ATL and I found some on Ebay . What you think about buying from Ebay

Last edited:
I just purchased this hair steamer from ebay for $114 with free shipping. It looks sturdy, hope it is durable, because I could not find any information on this particular brand. It has a 14 day return policy, so it is worth a try.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HAIR-STEAMER-BE...ultDomain_0?hash=item255a060b8d#ht_2604wt_792

Any reviews for this particular steamer? I'm eyeing this exact one on e-bay...wanna see what the LHCF crew has to say about this one before I spend my hard-earned cheddah:grin:

Wow I want a steamer now I swear the hair boards have created a monster I am a true PJ. Right now Im trying to abstain from any new purchases for my hair so I will clutch my purse and walk away.

I recently purchased one from LCL Beauty (formerly Salons R Us). I purchased the one for $139, received a $10 discount, using coupon code: exoticmommies, and free shipping. There is also one for $109 ($99 with the $10 discount) and free shipping.

SJones--I purchased the steamer you are referring to. The ebay price is better. I haven't had any problems...it works great. It's quiet, steams well, customer service is great and it's easy to put together. After receiving the steamer, I contacted customer service and they sent me another water drip catch jar...maybe my fault during unpacking.

When using the steamer, I sometimes use a terry headband to catch the dripping water. I also steam without a plastic cap.

Last edited:
off topic -- how/what is a steamer used for? (roller setting, oil treatments, etc?) i'm still a newb so don't beat up too bad for asking. thx.

Ummmm I have been meaning to make a post about this but I guess I forgot. I made my own hair steamer out of a fabric steamer and a gold'n hot hair dryer bonnet. I love it! It works great and I already owned the bonnet its the soft kind you normally attach to a blowdryer. The fabric steamer was less than $5 bucks at the thrift store I cut the fabric attachment part off with a butcher knife so the hose was all that was left and I fed the hose threw the hose on the bonnet. I have a soft bonnet for sleeping that I cut a hole out of the top and stuffed the gold'n' hot bonnet into because when it expands it likes to pop off my peanut head and the elastic in the sleep bonnet prevents that. Even if you bought the bonnets it would be less than 30 for the project and its super.

off topic -- how/what is a steamer used for? (roller setting, oil treatments, etc?) i'm still a newb so don't beat up too bad for asking. thx.
My steamer arrives tomorrow and I’m using mine while performing -

Hot oil treatments
Deep Conditioners (Moisturizing and Protein)
Regular Conditioners
Henna Treatments
Carmel treatments
And whatever else I can think of. (probably with some Ayurvedic hair packs)

Also, I’m using it to cut down on my hair care time since I’ll no longer have to DC for anywhere from 30 minutes to overnight. Hope to cut down my henna time from 4 – 6 hrs to 1 hr. And so on and so forth….

Steaming intensifies whatever product you’re using and should amp up its effectiveness….or so I’ve read in the numerous threads on steaming.

HTH

I recently purchased one from LCL Beauty (formerly Salons R Us). I purchased the one for $139, received a $10 discount, using coupon code: exoticmommies, and free shipping. There is also one for $109 ($99 with the $10 discount) and free shipping.

SJones--I purchased the steamer you are referring to. The ebay price is better. I haven't had any problems...it works great. It's quiet, steams well, customer service is great and it's easy to put together. After receiving the steamer, I contacted customer service and they sent me another water drip catch jar...maybe my fault during unpacking.

When using the steamer, I sometimes use a terry headband to catch the dripping water. I also steam without a plastic cap.

Thanks, Pink Pearls!! That's all I needed to hear!! *skipping merrily off to e-bay* Oh, and by the way...your hair makes me :notworthy

Ummmm I have been meaning to make a post about this but I guess I forgot. I made my own hair steamer out of a fabric steamer and a gold'n hot hair dryer bonnet. I love it! It works great and I already owned the bonnet its the soft kind you normally attach to a blowdryer. The fabric steamer was less than $5 bucks at the thrift store I cut the fabric attachment part off with a butcher knife so the hose was all that was left and I fed the hose threw the hose on the bonnet. I have a soft bonnet for sleeping that I cut a hole out of the top and stuffed the gold'n' hot bonnet into because when it expands it likes to pop off my peanut head and the elastic in the sleep bonnet prevents that. Even if you bought the bonnets it would be less than 30 for the project and its super.

I was considering doing something like this :scratchch

i just got mine last week and i luv it! the company's called huetiful hair and their customer srv was great. They have a yt channel with a few testamonials and a fb page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BeHuetiful

http://www.facebook.com/christopher.n.mason#!/pages/Huetiful-Hair-Steamer/188237289769?ref=ts

I bought the Huetiful Hair Streamer from Ebay. It is a tabletop version and I love it. I like using Ebay for paypal, and its protection for purchases :yep:

WARNING!!! The hair steamer that I purchased from Ebay (Best Choice/SKY Billards is the seller) is DEAD after just two uses. I bought this in April, but didn't start to use it until recently. Although Best Choice has rave reviews on Ebay, a google search has uncovered a multitude of complaints about defective products and bad customer service.

My last attempt to steam my hair was aborted because the unit spewed hot water onto my neck and burned me. I have a scar. The unit also started to drain water from the electrical housing unit. Dangerous!

Since the unit is generic (made in China) and cheap, $114.95 with shipping. The steamer did not have the name of a company on the box, instructions or the unit itself. So, I had to contact the seller who has continued to play dumb and has refused a refund.

Thankfully, my credit card company is issuing a refund. In the meantime I am filing a complaint with the BBB, Attorney General's office and possibly a lawyer.

Cheap is not always better. I may try another brand, but I did not get GREAT results when this thing did work, so I don't know.

Update: Seller refunded my money. Unit is in the garage ready for the dump.

Last edited:
Back