Cheap products you just gotta keep using

levette

I discovered something last night after washing my hair. My cheap products work better than my more expensive products.

I ordered Avalon's organic shampoo and conditioner. Due to me having a cold I didn't leave the conditioner as long as I usually would. When I rinsed out my hair it felt very stripped. Mind you, I am 8 wks post relaxer. I then decided to get out my Revlon moisituring conditioner- the purple bottle. It immediately tamed my hair and when I rinsed it out my hair had mega slippage. This is a product that I plan to keep as my staple for my hair product. I know that I paid around $2.00 for this conditioner but it is so awesome. I also love Revlon's creme of nature shampoo. I plan to just stick with the revlon line which I can easily buy at any walmart or target.

What are some of your inexpensive products that you just gotta have?

Now see yall!!!!

I am trying not to Buy nuthin' and yall are going to make me buy stuff. I am in the use what you got challenge. I have the motions line but I don't really like it.

Sweet_Ambrosia said:
*VO5 Conditioners
*White Rain Conditioners
*Lekair Cholesterols
*S-Curl no drip Spray

They all work great! :up: :grin:

Ditto w/ one exception! I haven't tried Lekair Cholesterol. Oh, and I love Suave Conditioners! :love:

suave milk & honey
world of curls gel activator
s curl mixed with evoo
mane n tail shampoo & conditioner
any cheap conditioner mixed with evoo

Suave Milk n' Honey conditioner for conditioner washes.
Pantene spray leave in--great detangler on dry hair, also use it after washing.
coconut oil.
Proclaim cholesterol (to protect length when relaxing)
Honey and castor oil (to mix with coconut oil for pre-poos)
Elasta QP shampoo for relaxed hair--wonderful moisturizing and detangling.

Lustrasilk Shea Butter and Mango Cholesterol Conditioner - smells delicious and leaves my hair soft and silky

Pantene daily Oil Moisturizer - love it, use it everyday

ORS Replenishing Pak - great deep conditioner, works as well for me as the Lustrasilk so I never can decide which one to use (PJism:lol: )

Lavendar said:
Lustrasilk Shea Butter and Mango Cholesterol Conditioner - smells delicious and leaves my hair soft and silky

Pantene daily Oil Moisturizer - love it, use it everyday

ORS Replenishing Pak - great deep conditioner, works as well for me as the Lustrasilk so I never can decide which one to use (PJism:lol: )

DITTO! :yep: DITTO! :yep: DITTO! :yep:

Love VO5 Free Me Freesia

Also love Suave Awapuhi conditioner (although don't love the cones as much) and NTM Hair Mask (which has been $2.88 at Walmart the last few times and don't love the cones).

DDTA and DDGB is my best cheap conditioner.
ORS Replenishing Pak
Suave Milk & Honey
Lekair Cholesterol
Lustrasilk Cholesterol
Sta So Fro

Mestiza said:
Ditto w/ one exception! I haven't tried Lekair Cholesterol. Oh, and I love Suave Conditioners! :love:

I used to use Lekair Cholesterol but it made my hair too limp. Also it can be hard to rinse out imo.

Sweet_Ambrosia said:
*VO5 Conditioners
*White Rain Conditioners
*Lekair Cholesterols
*S-Curl no drip Spray

They all work great! :up: :grin:

Mestiza said:

levette said:
I used to use Lekair Cholesterol but it made my hair too limp. Also it can be hard to rinse out imo.

I was tempted to buy a jar of LeKair (peach colored), but something told me to put it back. It looks similar to Lustrasilk Cholesterol, which, is not agreeing w/ my hair, right now. It used to work great for me. :perplexed I may try the LeKair Shea Butter Cholesterol in the future.

Last edited:
WesternEyes said:
I love Cream of Nature shampoo, I'm so glad i decided to try it, detangles like no other.

Okaaay!!

Also adding:
HairVite Garlic Shampoo (Staple!!)
Henna Powders (Amla, Shikakai & Mehandi)
DDTA...What am I going to do when I run out? :cry3:

vwvixxen your supply is off the chain , gurl your supplies should last a very long time. and it is so organized. lol ;)

Carlie said:
VO5 Strawberries 'n Cream and Suave Conditioners. Great products for less than a dollar! :up:

I am seconding the VO5 Strawberries and Cream Moisture Milks Conditioner. I am not parting with it! I absolutely love it. I never thought a product so cheap could work so good and I would not even taken the thought if it wasn't for this board.

ORS Replenishing Packs
Suave Humectant
Mane N Tail product line
V05
Castor Oil
Evoo
Lekair Cholesterol
Coconut Oil
MSM

Back