Cheap heat protectant? If I find one, I can post pics!

grow_N_Him09

Hi ladies!:wave:
I know I hardly ever post. But I decided I'mma really need to get my HHJ together :yep:
So I'm transitioning (Yay!) almost 7 months post and as you could imagine my NG is a beast! It's gotten a little better since I recently discovered detangler (I've been using the Just for Me spray they sell in Wal-Mart...it's cheap and seems to do the job. Hopefully, I won't regret using it later). Before then I was just going with the flow until my hair started matting up something horrible :nono:

So I want to flat iron my hair so I can have a good starting pic to track progress. Heat hasn't touched by hair in over a year so I need a good heat protectant. I've heard raves about the Fantasia IC gel and I've seen it in Wal-Mart and it really isn't that expensive...but...is there possibly anything cheaper?:hide:

I know, I know. You get what you pay for and I shouldn't skimp on quality but I'm on a really tight budget. So anyone know of any cheap heat protectants that won't eat my hair for lunch and I can find relatively easy?

Hi ladies!:wave:
I know I hardly ever post. But I decided I'mma really need to get my HHJ together :yep:
So I'm transitioning (Yay!) almost 7 months post and as you could imagine my NG is a beast! It's gotten a little better since I recently discovered detangler (I've been using the Just for Me spray they sell in Wal-Mart...it's cheap and seems to do the job. Hopefully, I won't regret using it later). Before then I was just going with the flow until my hair started matting up something horrible :nono:

So I want to flat iron my hair so I can have a good starting pic to track progress. Heat hasn't touched by hair in over a year so I need a good heat protectant. I've heard raves about the Fantasia IC gel and I've seen it in Wal-Mart and it really isn't that expensive...but...is there possibly anything cheaper?:hide:

I know, I know. You get what you pay for and I shouldn't skimp on quality but I'm on a really tight budget. So anyone know of any cheap heat protectants that won't eat my hair for lunch and I can find relatively easy?

Hmmmm I'm 10 1/2 months post and I have the fantasia IC pink looking heat protectant serum. I dont usually straighten my hair but when I did use it, it worked pretty well. I know Tresemme has a heat protectant spray and Organic Root Stimulator has a heat protectant serum. Not sure on the cost though:look:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/cata...=G&ec=frgl_&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=sku6006777
63216911163_450x450_a.jpg

http://www.walgreens.com/store/cata...prod1687870&navCount=0&navAction=push-product
02240062392_450x450_a.jpg

http://www.sallybeauty.com/GVP-Silk-Remedy/SBS-264264,default,pd.html

SBS-264264

I second the Treseeme heat tamer spray recommendation but I have only used it in conjunction with the Tresseme straightening gel. I use it on my 13 y.o. daughter's hair (she's 100% natural, APL) and her hair has that "swing" and is totally frizz free when I'm done flat ironing. The best way to use the products IMO is to apply the straightening gel to sections while the hair is wet then blow dry. Once all the hair is dry I lightly spray the heat tamer spray on the hair and then proceed to flat iron. HTH!

Back