Cheap(er) Flat Iron Rave

LawyerBarbie07

I wanted a CHI or FHI but as I had it in my hand at Trade Secrets, nothing in me could make me walk to the counter and spend over 100 bucks on a flat iron. So I ambled over to walmart hoping that something would stick out. I ended up getting the 42.00 Clairol Infiniti Tourmaline Ceramic Iron. The plates are 100% ceramic and let me just say...THIS THING MADE MY HAIR BEAUTIFUL. When I was done, instead of the frizzy raggedy look of cheaper irons, my hair looks soft, healthy, feels AMAZING and shines. I've used the CHI and I own a few 15 dollar irons, but this one tops them ALL.

I recommend it without reservation for the girls looking for a 100% ceramic iron that won't hurt the purse (as bad)

I'm such a fan of all hair appliances with tourmaline!

I can't stop raving about it, but I bought a blowdryer with tourmaline and it made my hair beautiful too. I was getting compliments left and right.

My next investment might be a flat iron with tourmaline.

I wanted a CHI or FHI but as I had it in my hand at Trade Secrets, nothing in me could make me walk to the counter and spend over 100 bucks on a flat iron. So I ambled over to walmart hoping that something would stick out. I ended up getting the 42.00 Clairol Infiniti Tourmaline Ceramic Iron. The plates are 100% ceramic and let me just say...THIS THING MADE MY HAIR BEAUTIFUL. When I was done, instead of the frizzy raggedy look of cheaper irons, my hair looks soft, healthy, feels AMAZING and shines. I've used the CHI and I own a few 15 dollar irons, but this one tops them ALL.

I recommend it without reservation for the girls looking for a 100% ceramic iron that won't hurt the purse (as bad)

I too have a conair infiniti and I love it. I totally agree with your review. Very effective iron. This iron is a total steal.

I have been trying to decide what type of Flat iron I want to buy. I was planning on buying one that costs twice as much as the Conair, either a Hairart or FHI. I'm going to check out this Conair iron especially since it claims to be 100% ceramic.

I would definitely suggest it Nikki, and since you get it at Walmart or Target you can always try it and then take it back if you hate it! lol.....Let me know how it works for you!

I have used several cheaper irons and they have been great! I don't think you have to buy the expensive ones, although I prefer a FHI anyday.

The difference, I notice in my experience, is that the higher end ones last longer. Meaning the ceramic coating does not chip, etc. With the cheaper ones, I had to buy another one after a year or so, if that (I use it once a week). I notice that over time, the cheaper iron developed "hot spots" and was not delivering uniform heat anymore.

My FHI has lasted for 2 years already and no problem.

I have not used the Conair Infiniti one, though. It may be better. I notice that the cheaper hair styling appliances have been getting so much better.

I have used several cheaper irons and they have been great! I don't think you have to buy the expensive ones, although I prefer a FHI anyday.

The difference, I notice in my experience, is that the higher end ones last longer. Meaning the ceramic coating does not chip, etc. With the cheaper ones, I had to buy another one after a year or so, if that (I use it once a week). I notice that over time, the cheaper iron developed "hot spots" and was not delivering uniform heat anymore.

My FHI has lasted for 2 years already and no problem.

I have not used the Conair Infiniti one, though. It may be better. I notice that the cheaper hair styling appliances have been getting so much better.

This is what I was wondering also. How long will it last, hot spots, peeling etc. I have purchased cheaper ceramic curling irons in the past and they don't last at all, 6-9 months at most. So I stopped buying them. I still may give this Conair a try though since it is new. I have not purchased any inexpensive hair appliances in several years. I have had my Solia for almost 4 years and its still going strong :grin:, I paid $100 for it so its was more cost effective than buying a cheaper iron and replacing it frequently.

Back