Cheap conditioner

frida1980

I switched from Deep conditioner from sally's, Vitale Olive Oil Hair Mayonnaise, which I used for years. I didn't think it would make a big difference, so I switched to Luster's Cholesterol. Very disappointed. Even though I applied it like I would a relaxer, it's like I didn't even condition it at all. Further more, my "straighter" ends refuse to curl up like they would with the previous conditioner. Sigh...

Is their a cheap DC that still provides the protein and conditioning I need?

I switched from Deep conditioner from sally's, Vitale Olive Oil Hair Mayonnaise, which I used for years. I didn't think it would make a big difference, so I switched to Luster's Cholesterol. Very disappointed. Even though I applied it like I would a relaxer, it's like I didn't even condition it at all. Further more, my "straighter" ends refuse to curl up like they would with the previous conditioner. Sigh...

Is their a cheap DC that still provides the protein and conditioning I need?

I just looked at the ingredients of the Vitale Olive Oil Hair Mayonnaise and it has dimethicone, egg protein and a couple of polyquats. These ingredients will make the hair behave differently.

In my opinion Lusters is not a protein conditioner, cholesterol by itself only moisturizes. Which one did you use? There are a few out there. I use the Lusters mango and shea, that is the only one that works for me.

To sum it up these two conditioners serve two different purposes.

Why did you change?

Maybe you can do a search to find people with your similar texture and go from there

Just to change. After using the same thing for over a year, it felt like it didn't really matter. My hair felt soft, but there was something missing. I wondered if my roots weren't getting enough moisture. I wanted to see if my hair would improve if I changed to something else. I heard good things about cholesterol, but I didn't think it would leave my hair feeling dry and less full. It's kinda disappointing.

I'm just looking for the best conditioner while I'm twisting in the summer. Something heals the hair after a week of summer heat and sweat.

Back