Change in Care Free Curl Gold (Instant Activator) Ingredients

sungtongs

Currently doing the juicing challenge! :drunk:
But...I bought a new bottle this week at the store and (days after) I purchased it I noticed the bottle had different ingredients. And it seems pretty signifigant. Also, did I mention my old bottle was 16 Fl Oz (473 mL), but I couldn't find a newer bottle that big. For the same price, the new one was only 8 Fl Oz.

Old Bottle:
Aqua/Water, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Polyquaternium-11, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Parfum/Fragrance, Dimethiconol, Wheat Amino Acids, Yellow 5, Orange 4, Silica

New Bottle:
Aqua/Water, Propylene Glycol, Glycein, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Phenoxethanol Dimethicone, Oleth-20, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-11, Methylparaben, Parfum/Fragrance, Dimethiconol, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropinal, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Yellow 5, Orange 4, Behentrimonium Methosulfate

This sounds like a big change, can someone point out what this means when it comes to hair. All of those chemical names are scary. :look:

Hmmmm:scratchch

It still has the same first three ingredients, and "good" alcohols, silicones, chloride, paraben..... just no wheat amino acids, no urea, and no fragrance...and with a few added ingredients.

I would say just try it and then come back and report your findings to us,:grin: or do further research on the individual ingredients if you want.:look:

Where did you purchase it? I just looked at the bottle I purchased a few days ago to make sure it wasn't the new formula you're referring to and it isn't. I guess we should keep a look out for this.
If you decide to use it, please update us with the results.

well, i used a little bit of the bottle about an hour ago. it's consistency is much thicker, it's lighter in color, and the smell (which i really liked) is gone. i have some hawaiian silky in my hair right now, so i can't tell if it's having the same effect as the old version.

will report on more tomorrow after i co-wash.

in the meantime, has anybody else picked up a bottle with the new formula?

i purchased it at super walmart. i can't return it because i lost the receipt. where did you buy your bottle of the old formula?

Back