Chagrin Valley Shampoo Bar Users: What's Your Favorite?

My favorites are the chocolate almond soap bar and the ayurvedic herb shampoo bar. I also like the coconut milk bar. The chocolate almond is the most moisturizing and sometimes I will just shampoo with that. I can use the ayurvedic bar alone too. If I want to use a different shampoo bar I will follow it up with the chocolate almond, kind of like a "conditioner". I also add olive oil to my last lather (no matter what bar I use) because olive oil makes my hair super soft. I never noticed a difference with my hair following up with an ACV rinse, so I don't bother.

I've been using Ida's bars for over a year now and I still love them.

My favorites are the chocolate almond soap bar and the ayurvedic herb shampoo bar. I also like the coconut milk bar. The chocolate almond is the most moisturizing and sometimes I will just shampoo with that. I can use the ayurvedic bar alone too. If I want to use a different shampoo bar I will follow it up with the chocolate almond, kind of like a "conditioner". I also add olive oil to my last lather (no matter what bar I use) because olive oil makes my hair super soft. I never noticed a difference with my hair following up with an ACV rinse, so I don't bother.

I've been using Ida's bars for over a year now and I still love them.

Thanks for your review!

My faves are Coconut Milk, Rosemary Mint, Lavender & Spice, and the new Ayurvedic Herb bar. All of them contain coconut milk and my hair seems to really like that.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread, ladies. I was curious about the new chagrin valley ayurvedic shampoo bar. It's been a while since I've ordered soap bars from them. I might have to try out that shampoo bar.

I bought many samples...I've tried about 4 and they all leave that terrible waxy feeling (I tried the acv...it doesn't work & I don't have hard water). I haven't completely given up on these bars, I really want to like them, but for now I'm not using them. :nono:

I bought the Ayurvedic, extra honey, egg, and beer, and the carrot milk and honey. I have only used the Ayurvedic so far. I have shampooed my hair 3 times with it so far and I am in love. My hair was so soft. I did the ACV rinse twice. The last time I didn't use it and it actually left my hair softer. I know the Ayurvedic bar is a keeper. I just ordered the honey butter one because someone said it was good for conditioning. I will definitely be a repeat customer.

I just ordered are regular sized of the Ayurvedic bar and a few sample sizes of some of the others. Can't wait to try them out...

I just got the Ayuredic, the Neem and Tea Tree, and the Butter Bar Conditioner. I can't wait to see how they are.

Butter Bar Conditioning Shampoo Bar and Carrot Milk and Honey Bar are my two favs! I am thinking of trying the Ayurvedic Herb Bar when those two run out.

I have one, its Rosemary or something...I don't remember. But I didn't really like how the shampoo bar made my hair feel like a crayon.

Back