Ceremony at a Restaurant?

omnipadme

I'm not really into all the huff and fluff of a wedding, so I'm thinking of having a restaurant/ceremony combo- not sure how this will pan out:spinning:. I'm looking for ideas or anyone that has done a similar ceremony.

My vision is to have either a lounge or sit down restaurant ceremony/reception combo. If I do a lounge, there will be cocktails & tapas/hor d'oeuvres- good music. We'll pause during the night to exchange vows and say the i do's, then get back to partying. Maybe jazz and spoken word performance?

If we do a ceremony at a restaurant, it will be somewhat similar, but involving a nice sit-down dinner and a pause for the vow exchange during the night.

We'll have 50-75 guests. I want everything in one location and zero stress. I'm not really into dancing, but I do love getting together with family over delicious food and just enjoying the company of my peeps.

My godbrother and his wife did this. The Restutant had on one side a Restutant area with seating etc, then they had a larrrgeee outdoor patio and part of that opened into a small dining area with a dance floor. People came in and immediately had hourdourves(sp) then if you walked further onto the patio there were a few standing tables and a bar and then a little deeper there was seating and a small stage area. It was gorgeous. Trees with lights simply decorated.

I really like that idea. A lot of people are doing this now. They usually pick a restaurant with a nice gazeba in the back and beautiful interior decor.

Back