CD's hair butter doesn't work anymore for me

Miosy

CD\'s hair butter doesn\'t work anymore for me

At first my hair felt soft and moisturized but now when I put it on, the upper part of my pony tail that lays flat feels hard and stuck together as oppose to soft and moisturized like it did at first? What's up with that? Should I just get rid of my tub!!!!!!!!

Re: CD\'s hair butter doesn\'t work anymore for me

have you clarified? you know thats always the first question we ask

Yep, I clarify at least once a week if not every other weekend.

Did you change what shampoo/conditioner/other leave-ins you are using? Maybe it isn't working with a particular combination of products...

[ QUOTE ]
Miosy said:
At first my hair felt soft and moisturized but now when I put it on, the upper part of my pony tail that lays flat feels hard and stuck together as oppose to soft and moisturized like it did at first? What's up with that? Should I just get rid of my tub!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how CDHHB always works for me
frown.gif

I havn't used it, but my first guess would be beeswax. That can build up in your hair over time. But you say you clarify at least once a week, which I would guess would be taking care of the problem, but maybe it's still too much heaviness and build up for your hair.

If you decide that you don't want it anymore, I will gladly take it off your hands.

Thanks
TK

I normally apply the butter first and then maybe use mango butter afterwards but when I noticeed the stickness, I clarified and used the CD butter alone and got the same results. I have to admit that I did get some built after several uses...maybe it is too heavy for me.

TK I'll keep you in mind if I decide to get rid of it. I'm planning to clean my closet soon and I think this may go too...I hate to let it go to waste.

I hate to even say it but I'm feeling lately that HHB is no longer working for me. Same thing...instead of the soft, moisturized feeling that I used to get, my hair now ends up feeling hard and clumpy. I don't know...NOTHING is working for my hair anymore these days so I can't even be sure it is HHB. {Sigh}

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
I hate to even say it but I'm feeling lately that HHB is no longer working for me. Same thing...instead of the soft, moisturized feeling that I used to get, my hair now ends up feeling hard and clumpy. I don't know...NOTHING is working for my hair anymore these days so I can't even be sure it is HHB. {Sigh}

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. That's why I'm using grease completely on my hair instead of on my ends. I still like the Hair Milk though.

I loved the HHB for about 6 months. Then it just stopped working. All of a sudden it just sat on my hair doing nothing. No matter which poo/cond combo I used.
frown.gif

For all you sad ladies, try Kemi Oyl shea butter pomade. I like it alot more than the HHB. It acts different. It is solid at room temp, and you have to emulsify it in your hands. It provides great hold and shine. I have been using it for almost the whole time I have been natural.

ingredients: shea butter, essential oils, herbal complex, frangrance

If you don't like the sweet smell or just want to try something different, I heard the kemi Oyl 100% shea butter is nice too. I haven't tried it, but I will when my PJ challenge is over.

I have been curious about the Kemi Oyl shea butter pomade. So, may have to give that a try. I don't wanna be a pj anymore though!

I know with the hair butter that if you refrigerate it as directed ,take it out and then apply it,it will just sit on your hair. I tend to let my soften up for a while,then I apply it. Have you all tried this method?

I don't put mine in the refrigerator at all. I don't know my issue...I don't think I'm applying it as I used to...I used to have a lot less new growth. Now, I have more...more I apply it differently. Who knows? I'm just using Hair Milk for a while and will then go back to HHB. I think my hair is PMSing.

lol@PMS-ing

I stopped using my HBB and it's just sitting in the frige. Ever since I started this no-poo thing, the HBB just wouldn't come off, so I just stopped using it.

I replaced it with Elastica Mango butter and sometimes mix with good ol' ORS Lock/twist gel for my twists.

What have you ladies replaced your HHB with?

Back