CCdifferently

[ QUOTE ]
foxybronx said:
BTW- you are brastrap!! what do you mean your almost there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, gorgeous hair
up.gif
, and it's actually PAST brastrap!!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
msportugal said:
both of you have beautiful hair

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA too! and your braidouts foxy are something serious! Really nice!

[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:
[ QUOTE ]
msportugal said:
both of you have beautiful hair

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA too! and your braidouts foxy are something serious! Really nice!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree! And I'm curious about the wash and go too!

Ohhh wow thank you soo much everyone!!
Foxy thank you! ( I''m so shocked to see my name up there)
anyway, yes I did the wash and go with my usual leave in a little Rusk Smoother, but mostly with a cheaper conditioner that I leave in my hair. I've been experiementing since joining the forum but I normally use the following:

Sebastians #9 Leave in treatment
Rusk Smoother ( sometimes, rarely actually...I save for roller sets)
Elasta QP Feels like Silk ( gel for a "harder" set, tighter curls, its not crunchy just firm and soft )
Finess Mousse (for a softer set/ looser curls too)

If I need curl definition....( alot of times my hair curls up with just the conditioner)

John Freida's Relax spray ( but LHCF recommends Dream Curls, I've never used this and I can't even find it so I'm sticking with John F.)

And recently I bought Curl Friends ( Ricky's in the city 2 for 1) ( curl booster, texturizing mist) and this works well for me too

Keep in mind I'm a chronic PJ and I have a problem......I'll change leavins when it comes to this look. I have and use as leaveins,depending on my mood and desired scent,.....V05 Oasis Honey and Almonds ( YUMMM), Finesse, Agree Split End treatment, Hollywood Olive Oil Cholestral ( to deep cond. while wearing this style)

Hope that wasn't tooo much information and I hope it helps....
Ask me more if you need to and THANK YOU again!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

WOW Foxy...I totally remember your album and your hair is fabulous!!!! It's grown sooo much....its so thick and shiny

Nice job!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
foxybronx said:
BTW- you are brastrap!! what do you mean your almost there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, gorgeous hair
up.gif
, and it's actually PAST brastrap!!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] yeeepieee
bouncy.gif
trampoline.gif
trampoline.gif
bouncy.gif

Thanks guys!!!!

Blue Flower, Moisy , Fly...thanks so much
rosebud.gif
...wow waist length ( i never thought about that
smile.gif

I basically rollerset every 4-5 days, I touch up at the salon wth ( Affrim Senstive Scalp) use to do 7 weeks but now I go 11 weeks ( thats the most I've waited so far)

I wrap my hair the first night or 2 then I just clip it up and scarf. I blow out the roots also, but lately I've left my roots alone until I really feel I need it
( around 6 weeks maybe) but I've been lazy laetly and find that if I wrap my hair after the roller set, the next day my hair falls pretty nicely with out having to blow out the roots.

I really don't do protectibe styles, but when my hair was at my shoulders I did keep it up alot ( not a bun, just clipped up) I find that I pasted the shoulders quickly.

So my product list goes like this:

My Staples:
Matrix Sleek Look poo & Con
Rusk Smoother Leave in texturizing conditioner
IC Fantasia Serum for Color treated hair
Mizani Shyne Spray

PS.recently added NTM serum and I love it more...but I have to finish IC and I might repurchase:)

Deep Conditioner:
10 en 1 ( very thick and hydrating)
11 en 1 (natural products like Garlic, Watercress, etc +stregthens the hair)
Alter Ego Garlic Treatment ( recent purchase GREAT product )
Greit-Oll Capilar Treatment Sabila ( Aloe)
Apretadora Capillar Treatment ( with Cinnomon & Rosemary)
Capilo Conditioner
Hollywood Cholestral Olive Oil

Protein treatments:

Penetraitt
Aphrogee
Aubrey's GPB
St. Ive Reconstructor

Ok now this is just a sickness.....

Vo5 Cons ( Oasis, Split end Treatment)
St. Ives cond.
Finesse Con.
Agree Con
Lafier Almond Rinse

Shall I go on....... when I enter a BSS, or drug store its like I get ....drunk
drunk.gif

oh I moisturize with a variety of things...Keracare Glossifier, and MizaniShyne are my staples all year round but I'll use thicker things in the winter...

Keracare Jojoba Moisturizer is great for me

Ok I'll stop...but you can't tell me not to try something when I hear lots of good things bout it (right)?

sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ccd said:

I really don't do protectibe styles, but when my hair was at my shoulders I did keep it up alot ( not a bun, just clipped up) I find that I pasted the shoulders quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

CCD...You're hair is amazing! It so great to see so many inspirational albums!
smile.gif

I have a question...how would u clip your hair up and how long did u leave it clipped up until your hair passed your shoulders??? (hope that made sense...or what was your regime back then when u kept your shoulder-length hair up alot?)
grin.gif

You both have beautiful hair. Ccd your hair is absolutely beautiful I love your braidout pic and your highlights are very nice! Foxy you have beautiful shine!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
ccd said:

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif

I have a question...how would u clip your hair up and how long did u leave it clipped up until your hair passed your shoulders??? (hope that made sense...or what was your regime back then when u kept your shoulder-length hair up alot?)
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a few minutes I'll post photos.....I can't really describe the one I really liked and recommend. But It looks like a huge silver bobby pin....its great.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ccdifferently/album?.dir=/d369

ok......the silver one is really the one that I used the most because it was easy and it wasn't tight or pulling my hair.....I mainly started puttin my hair up because I worked with kids and at a certain point they would love to put their hands in my hair ( hell some of the adults tried to do that too come to think of it) It was easier to work this way then I read that your ends ususally rub against your shoulders so I decided to wear my hair up during the week and down one day ( going out mainly) during the weekend

BTW Thanks for the cmpliments Key, MY and Pooh
smile.gif
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
ccd said:

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

my regime was pretty much the same as it is now...except that I have gotten more info from LHCF so the braidouts are new for me....the liquid leaveins ( IC and Patene) are great options 'cause they are cheaper than Rusk,

( although I did find Rusk last summer at a street fair 2 Huge ones for the price of 1...NYC GUYS LOOOK OUT for these people...I haven't seen them this summer but they sell hair products at these things...Paul Mitchell, Matrix...big bottles...and they are the real thing, al least the Rusk is what it is)

and a protein regime...i never did protein treatments before joining the forum. I took my vitamins and Alter ego drops ( not doing this as much now a days)

I did clip my hair up ( to finally answer you
smile.gif
) for the year until I noticed it grew past....then I still did it..now I don't do it as much, but I still use the clip if its hot or I'll use the ficcare ones ( which I learned about from Hairlove and Allandra......love them BTW)

[ QUOTE ]
ccd said:
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ccdifferently/album?.dir=/d369

ok......the silver one is really the one that I used the most because it was easy and it wasn't tight or pulling my hair.....I mainly started puttin my hair up because I worked with kids and at a certain point they would love to put their hands in my hair ( hell some of the adults tried to do that too come to think of it) It was easier to work this way then I read that your ends ususally rub against your shoulders so I decided to wear my hair up during the week and down one day ( going out mainly) during the weekend

BTW Thanks for the cmpliments Key, MY and Pooh
smile.gif
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant see the pic through that link!
nono.gif
Do u have it in an album somewhere???

Albums like these get me excited about growing my hair
trampoline.gif
(sounds so corny). Anyway, how long did it take you both to grow your hair? Foxybronx did you really grow your hair that fast in only months? What's your regimens?

Gurl i ain't even gonna lie its been a long process! lol
i had many many setbacks. I joined my first hair board in dec 2001 and started seriously in 2002 when i starting taking pics, so it has been about 2 years. I haven't made much progress in two years considering that i started shoulderlength. But my setbacks were learning experiences, so hopefully i can make nothing but progress now.
It should be easy for you once you learn your hair nd how to keep breakage and splits away(which you probably already know). Cute braidouts btw..

Here is my regime....

Wash 1x-2x a week, and if a second wash is done during that week it is a condition wash

Pretreatment: When i do them its usually with Razac hot oil mixed with olive oil, honey, and castor oil

Shampoo: Softsheen Breakthru or Aveda moisturizing shampoo

Deep Condition 1x a week with a heat cap for 30-60 minutes, after every wash with Humecto, aveda moisturizing or any type of moisturizing conditoner

I then dilute Razac leave-in with distilled water and Infusium 23 and comb thru

If I wear my hair straight, I use Keracare silk and seal, salerm 21 leave in, and then rollerset under a hooded dryer.
OR
I use the Carolyn Gray ponytail method of airdrying…I apply a castor and wildgro oil on my wet hair and put it into a low ponytail to dry..and then I use Caruso rollers

Or i just airdry in a wash n go, braidout or bun...

Every 2-3 weeks i use a protein condition I use Affirm 5 N1, Dudleys Hair rebuilder, Elucence breakage control serum, motions cpr, or hi pro pac.
Once a month I use Sebastian penetraitt protein. First wash after a perm, 1x the following month, and then the wash before the perm.

Daily: I moisturize 2x-3x a day. I alternate between Motions oil moisturizer, S-Curl no drip, profectiv anti-breakage megamoisturizer, profectiv healthy ends, dudleys pca, wildgro+castor oil, keihls silkgroom, shea butter, ors carrot oil, keracare oil moisturizer, Ors olive oil moisturizer and sheen spray
My hair really loves the s-curl no drip followed by some castor oil

Perm every 3 months with Affirm Lye in Regular for a short amt of time.
Vitamins: Whenever i remember to take them I take 6200 mcg biotin, 500mg panthenthic acid, and 2 GNC ultranourishhair.,

Nightly: I put my hair in a high ponytail, and then fasten a large magnetic roller with roller clips to the ponytail, Sometimes I wrap it with a seamless comb, Or sleep with my hair in a bun. I always sleep with a satin cap.
When I comb my hair I either use the jilbere shower comb or a seamless comb.

Back