Cathy Howse--UBH

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeQuendre

Hi again,

I'd like to know for the record what are your objections to Cathy Howse's system. I actually found her a few months ago, read her book, and I have her two products. I was somewhat surprised to see people here did not like her and thought she was wrong about some things.

Please, have at it. Note: one of my many hats is a writer and editor, and the typos and tone are things that I'm sure can rub folks the wrong way. I'm also talking about substantive differences. How is her system flawed? Like what about brushes, texturizers, greasing the scalp, etc...

Personally, I agree with the washing frequently and the conditioning. I just don't find the dew is sufficient moisture for my hair. I have to do a lot of moisturizing even after the conditioning. Is that the way it's supposed to be or is my hair so bad off that I'm just not to the point where dew could suffice?

Don't hold back now. This is like school for me!

deq

It is not that people don't like her.. she has an attitude out of this world . she likes to criticise other competitors and she likes "money" ( she wants to get her stuff sold .. noone elses)

my input

I just received a used copy of her book and so far I am enjoying it. I like the way it is written - very comprehensive and straight-to-the-point.

I read Shamboosie's book, bought Carolyn Gray's book from a wonderful member of another board, and now I am enjoying Cathy Howse's book. Although I may not agree with everything she or the other authors have to say, I intend to gain as much understanding about my hair as possible from each of them and apply what works for me and what resonates with me. For example, I also agree about washing my hair frequently, something I haven't done before, and I already see great results. And I'm going to see what happens when I don't trim my hair. It's all a learning experience, and it's fun!

My goal is to achieve long, healthy and beautiful hair. So far, I've learned valuable information from each of these three books as well as the people on this great board (and another board).

Welcome DeQuendre!

Our forum has discussed Cathy Howse's methods and customer service in many threads. You will find all the info you're looking for by utilizing our search function. Just type in "Howse".

Thanks!

Thread closed.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back