Castor Oil

Gracie

When I wasn't looking for it I saw it everywhere. Now that I want some I can't find it. Except I did see some yesterday at Wal-Mart but it said that it was a laxative. I would have gotten it anyway but it was called Castor Oil USP and I don't know what USP is. And it listed the active ingredient as castor oil but didn't list what the other ingredients are if there are any.

I know I may sound a bit picky but I don't want to buy it and it is castor oil mixed with motor oil and chicken fat.

Where did you get yours from? If you got it at a major store what area did you get it?

I got some from the indian store, i'm looking for the kind the preachers have that they slap on your forehead (blessed oil bottle).

I only use Jamaican black castor oil, it's not as sticky as the regular stuff and it makes you hair very soft. Also it's absolutely fab on the ends. HTH

I got some from the indian store, i'm looking for the kind the preachers have that they slap on your forehead (blessed oil bottle).

Thats where I got mine too because at regular store you only get a little 2 oz but at the indian stores you get like 6-8ozs.

First of all...hi Gracie! Nice name! :rolleyes: Twins!

Anyways, I get castor oil from those carribean places you know? I have a local supermarket out here in Jersey that sells it but its a Spanish supermarket. You're gonna have to go those establishments to find the good stuff.

My hair absolutely loves castor oil.

I use it sparingly while my hair is still wet from washing.

I get mine from Whole Foods...it's organic and cold pressed.

I got my first bottle of co from sams a while back (JCO). Then the hair store around my way started to sell it. I also got a bottle from the indian store. When that's done i'm going to get some HCO.

When I wasn't looking for it I saw it everywhere. Now that I want some I can't find it. Except I did see some yesterday at Wal-Mart but it said that it was a laxative. I would have gotten it anyway but it was called Castor Oil USP and I don't know what USP is. And it listed the active ingredient as castor oil but didn't list what the other ingredients are if there are any.

I know I may sound a bit picky but I don't want to buy it and it is castor oil mixed with motor oil and chicken fat.

Where did you get yours from? If you got it at a major store what area did you get it?

That castor oil is just fine. It says laxative because castor oil can also be used as such. It's nothing but 100% castor oil in that bottle , thats the one i buy, I think its the Humco brand. You have nothing to worry about. USP stands for United States Pharmacoepia- which is one of the agencies that set the standards for healthcare products sold in the US. So go ahead and pay your $3.86 and get your castor oil from your local Walmart. Save yourself some time and money.

I get mine from the Vitamin Shoppe. I did a thread a while ago comparing the JBCO and Regular Castor oil. I didn't see much of a difference from the respondents so I stick with my regular Castor Oil.

I get mine from the Vitamin Shoppe. I did a thread a while ago comparing the JBCO and Regular Castor oil. I didn't see much of a difference from the respondents so I stick with my regular Castor Oil.
I don't think I saw that thread. I always wondered if there was much of a difference between the two.

I wondered that also because I have a bottle of castor oil and it is thick. I mixed mine with some shea butter and cocoa butter and light wild growth oil in a small container. I haven't used it, but I can't wait till I do to see the effects it has on my hair. :spinning:

That castor oil is just fine. It says laxative because castor oil can also be used as such. It's nothing but 100% castor oil in that bottle , thats the one i buy, I think its the Humco brand. You have nothing to worry about. USP stands for United States Pharmacoepia- which is one of the agencies that set the standards for healthcare products sold in the US. So go ahead and pay your $3.86 and get your castor oil from your local Walmart. Save yourself some time and money.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Oohhhh I started making up stuff that I thought it was an acronym for. Most of which was gross so I will spare you the details. Thanks for the info.

Now that you mention it, I did see some at the Indian store. That was one of the very few things they had. It had about 5 inches of dust on it which was why I didn't get there the first time I saw it.

I only use Jamaican black castor oil, it's not as sticky as the regular stuff and it makes you hair very soft. Also it's absolutely fab on the ends. HTH

That is on my 'wanted' list but I wanted to know if there is really a difference between the that one and the regular one and if so what are they.

I wondered that also because I have a bottle of castor oil and it is thick. I mixed mine with some shea butter and cocoa butter and light wild growth oil in a small container. I haven't used it, but I can't wait till I do to see the effects it has on my hair. :spinning:

I used mine today straight and while it is thick, it doesn't remain that way on your hair & scalp. I have the same one that was mentioned by OP.

That is on my 'wanted' list but I wanted to know if there is really a difference between the that one and the regular one and if so what are they.

Here's the difference to me. Regular castor oil is sticky to me and the black isn't. I like it better than the regular one.

Not sure if you have whole foods grocery store but they had everything.Glycerin essential oils rosewater love love love cheapy too

First of all...hi Gracie! Nice name! :rolleyes: Twins!

Anyways, I get castor oil from those carribean places you know? I have a local supermarket out here in Jersey that sells it but its a Spanish supermarket. You're gonna have to go those establishments to find the good stuff.

Hey Grace!!

I went to the Spanish mart in my area, maybe they are still stocking shelves because they didn't have much of anything in there. They had cooking oil on the same shelf as the dog food and the hair product were some brand that I've never heard of except the V05 which they wanted $2 and some change for.

That's great. I have to go the the Vitamin Shoppe tomorrow. I'm going to have to find your thread. I would love to read it.

Not sure if you have whole foods grocery store but they had everything.Glycerin essential oils rosewater love love love cheapy too

I use to live near one but now I have plan trips to the Whole Foods which is a bad thing because I love that store.

Back