CASTOR OIL

I use Jamaican Black Castor Oil. I use it on my hair edges. While the edges are wet, I dab a drop on it and then tie down with a scarf. The next morning my edges are nicely tamed. I am going to buy some rosemary essential oil too and add a few drops to the bottle for stimulating thickness on my front hairline.

I use it straight. On my hair. It helps to smooth down my edges after I co-wash and makes my hair look very straight once it dries.

So it is good for thickness?

In my experience it really helped my front hairline. I have never put it on all my scalp to test the rest of my hair, my scalp doesn't like too much of anything on it or it goes into itchy fits.

Last edited:
I use it to seal my ends after I wet my hair.

Not sure about it making hair thicker because I have not used it on my scalp just the last inch or two of my ends to keep them soft.

I haven't noticed any noticeable thickness in my hair. I know some posters were saying they were using the CO to thicken their eyebrows and eyelashes.

I have JBCO and I use it to seal. I also mix it with my deep conditioners and use it (along with the scarf method) to slick down my edges. I've been thinking about using it as a pre poo too :yep:

Castor oil, regular or Jamaican, is wonderful! I love it! :yay:

I use it after I co-wash.

I pour it into my hand and coat my hair with it...concentrating on the length and ends, not the scalp.

I use the regular... on my face & hair...
loving it so far... haven't really seen any
thickness yet... but it's a good alternative
to facial cleaners & gel (on your edges/hairline)

I use Jamaican Black Castor Oil. I use it on my hair edges. While the edges are wet, I dab a drop on it and then tie down with a scarf. The next morning my edges are nicely tamed. I am going to buy some rosemary essential oil too and add a few drops to the bottle for stimulating thickness on my front hairline.

^^would peppermint oil work just as good..you think?

Also, i've been using it on my edges (the thinning parts), let me tell you that my baby hair have grown..lol

^^would peppermint oil work just as good..you think?

Also, i've been using it on my edges (the thinning parts), let me tell you that my baby hair have grown..lol

yes a new row of baby hair is always welcomed !! I notice this too when I started using that JBCO! I already have a peppermint oil mix(used with sweet almond oil) so I wanted to do another one with my JBCO. I am just really feeling the rosemary thing for the JBCO.

But I don't see why that peppermint oil wouldn't work in the JBCO. if you do it let me know if you like it!!

yes a new row of baby hair is always welcomed !! I notice this too when I started using that JBCO! I already have a peppermint oil mix(used with sweet almond oil) so I wanted to do another one with my JBCO. I am just really feeling the rosemary thing for the JBCO.

But I don't see why that peppermint oil wouldn't work in the JBCO. if you do it let me know if you like it!!

^^I will let you know. I already have 2 bottles of peppermint so I don't want to have to go buy another e.o.

what is the ratio of the mix? castor oil/e.o??

Back