Castor oil when Rollersetting?

slim_thick

Hi ladies, I have recently started to rollerset my hair, to achieve a straight/ bouncy look without using a blow dryer or flat iron. Are any of you ladies using Castor oil on your ends before you rollerset? If not, what oils are you using? I welcome any advice?

Last edited:
I think its wayyyy too thick IMO to use while rollersetting if you want light fluffy hair.

I really only use this stuff around 5 weeks post and up cause its so thick and i use it on scalp, and maybe just a dab to seal with. A DAB!

Good stuff but its thick and heavy and can weigh the hair down if u aint careful.

I use castor oil after my rollersets (this is a must for me ). I usually rollerset using, Ojon revitalizing mist & CHI silk infusion...My hair always comes out soft and bouncy. Today I added paul mitchell conditioning sculpting foam to the equation, just for the fun of it...Still under the dryer...so No comment as of yet!!!!

I tried it once and ended up with a limp, greasy rollerset. Not a good look! And I only used a DAB! That stuff is best used afer a rollerset and sparingly.

After rollersetting and only during periods of high humdity...like now. Otherwise, I use a mixture of 3/4 coconut oil and 1/4 castor oil afterwards.

I'm a natural that rollersets and I using a setting foam actually two right now: Jane Carter and some type of setting foam with olive oil! I mix the two together.

Back