Castor Oil Supplements

anahnamuslyyours

Has anyone had an adverse effects from taking castor oil pills? I bought some this week to add to my supplement regimen for December (I've been adding pills each month), and the night that i took the castor oil, I ended up waking up vomiting like there was no tomorrow. Now, of course, I could juss have the flu or something since I haven't been feeling all that great. But now I'm afraid to take any of my hair vitamins (including the new castor oil) because of this. Help!

Edited because ben is not the same as been

Sorry to hear that you had a rough time with the castor oil, belladionne. Castor oil can induce vomiting and diarrhea, as well as cause stomach cramps. Sounds like the vomiting you had was more than likely due to the oil. Your body may not be able to digest it well, so I would recommend not taking castor oil internally, but just add it to the shampoos/conditioners that you use. Hope you feel better soon! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
miracle said:
Sorry to hear that you had a rough time with the castor oil, belladionne. Castor oil can induce vomiting and diarrhea, as well as cause stomach cramps. Sounds like the vomiting you had was more than likely due to the oil. Your body may not be able to digest it well, so I would recommend not taking castor oil internally, but just add it to the shampoos/conditioners that you use. Hope you feel better soon! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Co-sign. I thought taking Castor Oil internally was for laxative purposes! I only use it externally for my hair.

Hope you feel better. Wowsers.

Castor oil is a laxative when taken internally. But it is good for hair/skin when used externally.

Cici

When I was small, mum would give us some of it for a good cleanout, it was horrible. Ugh! /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Valerie said:
When I was small, mum would give us some of it for a good cleanout, it was horrible. Ugh! /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is OT: I may be very weird, but I used to like the taste of castor oil as a child. I don't know why and I was the only one of the children that liked the taste.

[ QUOTE ]
Chinagem said:
This is OT: I may be very weird, but I used to like the taste of castor oil as a child. I don't know why and I was the only one of the children that liked the taste.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did too! One teaspoon a day like it was sugar or something!

Thanks for all the replies, ya'll. I think I also had a bit of a virus or something because my nephew went through the vomitting yesterday in the exact same manner as I did - he ws sleep and then he woke up because he was vomiting. EW. Well since I bought a GIANT size bottle of that mess, look like I'm gonna have some BOMB conditioner.

The flax seed oil that you're taking is enough, and yep the castor oil is meant to clean you up internally, you might want to try EPO or Black seed oil...they seem to work best for me.

Back