Cassia/Henna lovers - Do any of you mix in Conditioner?

HoneyDew

I am asking because I like mixing in plain yogurt because it helps with rinsing (is also conditioning), but I don't want to always use it because of the protein in yogurt. I normally use the yogurt and much less water to make it really creamy and easy to apply and rinse. I was thinking of using a conditioner with the same thickness as yogurt but without the protein. I know this has come up, but I cannot seem to find any threads with ladies that do this.

Believe me, I have so many conditioners that I would love to be able to use up for this purpose so it would be really good if I can still get the same effect with conditioner thrown into the mix.

Last edited:
I add conditioner. Somewhere I read that you should use a -cone free condish. But I have a jar of silicon mix that I use with my henna/cassia mix. Love the way it feels. Without the condish the henna would make my hair rock hard. It also takes away the smell that henna can have.

I add conditioner to my mix. I have two bottles of conditioner that I am trying to get rid of so I am looking for any thing I can throw them in :lol: . I think the conditioner will work as well as the yogurt, but I'm not a henna expert so I don't really know. I mix in conditioner and yogurt into my mix.

JLove74 said:
I add conditioner. Somewhere I read that you should use a -cone free condish. But I have a jar of silicon mix that I use with my henna/cassia mix. Love the way it feels. Without the condish the henna would make my hair rock hard. It also takes away the smell that henna can have.

That is one of the ones on my to-use-up list.

Thanks ladies. For this weekend's treatment I am going to try the same amount of conditioner and give it a whirl.

I add conditioner---anything from Suave to Nexxus. i actually use alot b/c I mix only just enough water to disolve the cassia--and then from there it is conditioner!

I'm sure you'll have good results.

ayoung1981 said:
I add conditioner---anything from Suave to Nexxus. i actually use alot b/c I mix only just enough water to disolve the cassia--and then from there it is conditioner!

I'm sure you'll have good results.

That is how I mix in the yogurt. it makes it much less runny, I think. You guys have me all excited about the opportunity to use up all my conditioner and still get my herbal hair treatment fix.

HoneyDew said:
I am asking because I like mixing in plain yogurt because it helps with rinsing (is also conditioning), but I don't want to always use it because of the protein in yogurt. I normally use the yogurt and much less water to make it really creamy and easy to apply and rinse. I was thinking of using a conditioner with the same thickness as yogurt but without the protein. I know this has come up, but I cannot seem to find any threads with ladies that do this.

Believe me, I have so many conditioners that I would love to be able to use up for this purpose so it would be really good if I can still get the same effect with conditioner thrown into the mix.

Hey Honey! I do use a tablespoon of conditioner in mine. I use it like a conditioning treatment anyway more so than a coloring treatment.

Oh yes!! I find that mixing in conditioner prevents my hair from getting dry, and it rinses out wonderfully!! I also usually drop in a bit of honey too....

have fun!

Hmmm....this is interesting. Thanks for asking Honeydew. I add EO's and olive oil to my henna, and after switching to Rajasthani I don't get hard henna hair anymore. I had read that adding conditioner inhibits the color, but maybe that really isn't the case.:confused:

JLove74 said:

I just ordered Cassia. Can I just mix it with the Silicon Mix (or other moisturizing con), maybe EVOO and honey and jusy slap it on? How long should I keep it on my hair? I'm looking to achieve strength and shine. TIA!

buttaflye03 said:
I just ordered Cassia. Can I just mix it with the Silicon Mix (or other moisturizing con), maybe EVOO and honey and jusy slap it on? How long should I keep it on my hair? I'm looking to achieve strength and shine. TIA!

Yippee! I just received my Cassia in the mail. To answer your question, Kinikakes mixers hers with amla oil, evoo, honey, coconut oil, jbco, and suave milk & honey. She recommends to leave it on for 1 1/2 hours w/a shower cap on.

I boil water and mix a little with the henna just enough to get it wet like thick gravy. Afterwards I mix in all my leftover conditioners. I never have mess. Its the consistency of a relaxer.

I tried an herbal powder last week with conditioner and I did not really like it as much as when I use it with yogurt. I think I will try it again though.

NOTE: I was using Rhazya stricta powder that I bought a long time ago from http://www.everydayhenna.com/herb_hair.html. I still have to try it with henna or cassia.

amwcah said:
Yippee! I just received my Cassia in the mail. To answer your question, Kinikakes mixers hers with amla oil, evoo, honey, coconut oil, jbco, and suave milk & honey. She recommends to leave it on for 1 1/2 hours w/a shower cap on.

Thanks! :D

Back