Caruso Woes

LadyBlu

Hey Ladies!

I am having some issues with Carusos...in an effort to maintain healthier hair and wear my hair down every now and then, I have started using my carusos again. The deal is, now that I am 100% texlaxed, the curls will not stay in. My hair will look GREAT for about 30 minutes, then the curls fall ALL THE WAY OUT and I'm left with a mess!!

For those of you who wear carusos regularly (and are texlaxed)...what are you doing to hold the curls?

Carolyn Gray swore by Carusos and said her curls would stay in for days (huh?). Does the fact that I have fine hair have anything to do with this issue?

I have roller set in the past, but I'm not very good at it. My curls fall out when I do that too.

Now that you mention it...the only time I kept my curls were back in the day when I went to the salon. Back then my hair was bone straight and the stylist used some type of setting lotion or foam. I may try this.

I miss that salon look, but my hair was so unhealthy then.

Yeah that's exactly what I was going to suggest to you... Maybe putting a bit of setting lotion on your hair before applying the rollers will help. I think you should definitely use end papers because your hair will be slightly damp from the lotion. Put the rollers in and then if possible sit under the dryer for about 5 mins (or use your hand dryer on a cool setting) to help set the curl. You'll definitely need to leave the rollers on for at least 10 mins so that the hair can fully dry.

I used to add a little HE LTR leave-in to my hair and then put on my carusos when I felt my hair needed some super conditioning.... I'd make sure to take those babies out though when my hair had time to FULLY DRY. The curls stayed well, so it is possible to add products before putting in your rollers. Setting lotion my do that trick for you.

I found that my curls would fall if I just left the rollers in long enough to get a curl and then took them out. If I set my hair with carusos and then let them stay in for a long time, like you would regular curlers, then my curls stayed put.

Back