Caruso Rollers...Help!

Honeychild11

Well ladies, I just bought my Caruso rollers, and I was wondering if anyone had any good tips??? FYI-wet rollersets are not exactly my forte...so I am thinking that this will produce a better outcome for me??? Advice is needed.

I replied to another post similar to this a few days ago. I also own the Caruso curlers, I know that a few of the ladies here say that they cant be used on hair that has not been styled/curled already, but I find this not to be true for me. I let the curler get hot on the steamer, then give it one quick shake downward to remove the excess water then curl my hair. After all curlers are in, I then sit under my hooded dryer to lock my curls in. My curls are not tight curls cause I dont roll it to make them tight. I'm going more for body than curls. The curl is there just not the way it would be if I got a wet set. I love mine and usually use mine every Sunday morning for church.

Okay, I used them last night, and I think I have found a way to curl my hair...w/out burning it to death with a curlin' iron. My hair was bouncy, and soft, when I removed the rollers!!! Not the case with me and wet sets. This is probably better for me, because my wet sets always come out really stiff, and I always have bumps..I think that I will be fine, once I figure out how they are going to work for me. Question: How often is it okay to use them? Do you let you hair dry first? or do you blow-dry and then use them?? Sorry for all of the questions

You can use them as often as you like. The Caruso rollers are not true “hot” rollers like the others. If you noticed, the rollers feel warm like a warm towel as opposed to hot.

Also, your hair doesn’t necessarily have to be styled or previously curled to use them. The Caruso rollers are used for when you want a little curl or a lot of curl.

Also, make sure you hair is dry with not too much product on it as the curls can come out limp like. Just make sure your hair is clean and dry for best results.

If you steam the roller clip before placing it over the roller in your hair it seems to provide even more hold.

Caruso rollers are very good! Here are some good tips:

1. I heat the rollers and the cap
2. Make sure your hair is completely dry...
3. Let the rollers set for say, 10 minutes to let them dry, I usually use them before getting in the shower to give them time to dry...
4. I use papers on the end to protect them..

That's it...but the curls are really soft and feminine...plus they really do last...

I leave mine in for about 15 minutes, and like Aisha, before I get in the shower. As far as drying/blow drying, since I airdry and my airdry is not perfected (not very straight) I actually will use Caruso curler Saturday night, and then again on Sunday morning before church because it helps to straighten my hair a little bit.

I love mine and I use them after my hair has been airdried, in my case on my bangs or if I want a loose tendril swirl hanging down next to my bun. I love the idea of putting moisture in my hair each time I use them and the curls last.

I love my Caruso rollers. They last and last (my set is 11 years old) I need to get more rollers, but now you can get them almost anywhere unlike back in 93" you had to order them or you were just stuck with.

I just love them.

Back