Carolyn Gray's Book

swannie

Carolyn Gray\'s Book

Hi everyone. I bought The Black Woman's Guide to Beautiful Healthy Hair in 6 Weeks by Carolyn Gray. Have any of you followed her regimen? If so, what results did you see with your hair? I started her regimen 5 weeks after my last touch up. I'm up to her third week now, and I find I can get by with just finger combing. I’ll have to get a retouch soon though as my new growth is definitely more than obvious. Thanks!

Re: Carolyn Gray\'s Book

I use her regimen, but I use different products. Iæm in the process of refining my regimen though. I want to stick with the same products until next summer to see if there are any longer term benefits with what I already have.

This was the first regimen I started with when I began taking care of my hair and I must attribute it to the majority of my growth. When I first started I used everything she recommended but there was a lot missing from that. Now I still rotate products each week and use a lot of the prods from her book, but I now use others that work better on my hair.

I just brought the book as a gift for my cousin. It sounds like a I made a good choice.

I used that book and it helped me out a lot with choosing different shampoos. When I was relaxed I could do everything in her book and my hair thrived.

Wow. That's great! I can't wait to see how my hair will progress. Ms. Jennifer, what products do you now use? I'm using the exact same products the author's using. I even bought her line of products...

[ QUOTE ]
swannie said:
Wow. That's great! I can't wait to see how my hair will progress. Ms. Jennifer, what products do you now use? I'm using the exact same products the author's using. I even bought her line of products...

[/ QUOTE ]

I still use the motions poo and conditioner and the ion intensive therapy, rx protein pac, and aphogee 2 min keratin reconstructor. In addition, I now use qp intense fortifying conditioner, the neutrogena triple moisture products, organics hair mayonnaise, motions silk protein, and motions cpr, and creme of nature ultra moisturizing shampoo. i just rotate them out usually doing a protein one week and moisturizing cond the next. I had great results with her method and I think you'll benefit from them also!!!
smile.gif

Ive used her regimen but Ive found better products for my hair and I wash more than once a week so its hard to modify now. I do think its a great regimen though, especially for guidance in how often to do certain things to your hair, with this u get a little of everything all between touch ups.

Can someone post her regiment from her new book? I am still using her old book and wonder whether I need to get the newer edition.

this was the first hair care book that I bought too and it help me tremendously in retaining length. You can apply the guide to natural hair aswell.

I loaned the book to someone and don't have it handy. But I think the only changes were that she shampoos every 3-4 days, she rec's better quality products than the ones in her first book (i.e she no longer uses the Motions shampoo she used to rave about) and she waits longer than six weeks in between touch ups. A lot of the changes are mentioned in the "Helpful Tips & Updates" on her site (blackwomansguide.com).

Back