Carolyn Gray's Book

Nikki

Carolyn Gray\'s Book

Where can I purchase? Does Barnes and Noble carry it? I don't even know the title of the book,,,, If B & N don't carry where can I purchase...
Thnx in advance.

Re: Carolyn Gray\'s Book

I think it's about of print. Check sites that sell used books. Last year I bought Cathy Howse' book used. I did a search at mysimon.com. But I can't remember which site I ordered from...

Gray has downloadable versions of the book on her site...

Carolyn Gray

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Nikki said:
Where can I purchase? Does Barnes and Noble carry it? I don't even know the title of the book,,,, If B &amp; N don't carry where can I purchase...
Thnx in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just received my book about 3 wks. ago. I ordered from:
www.blackwomansguide.com. It took about 10 days to receive it.

I have quite a few hair books for both natural and relaxed hair as well as the wealth of info on this board. Is CG's book worth ordering. Honestly /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Diva, you know everything in the book! if u still want it for your hair library you may want to wait for the new version coming out this summer.

i can also bring mine over when i am in london this summer if u wanna have a look or borrow it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Pandora /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'll take a look if you don't mind when you come over this summer.

I agree with Pandora--you probably already know everything that is mentioned in the book!

Gray's methods are similar to Cathy Howse', but she goes into better detail. Product recommendations up the wazoo and lots of heat-free styling options with instructions and quite a few photos. The air-drying method stays the same every week, but the products may change depending on what your hair needs. Her hair is relaxed, but the regimen can be modified for natural hair. (I did it.) For example, Week One is "rebuild" after a relaxer, week two is "revitalize" and so on for six weeks. Then you get a touch-up and start all over. She gives instructions for people that want to use different products or don't want to use so many different products.

Good book! /images/graemlins/up.gif

By the sounds of it the week by week step by step may come in handy, but I think I kinda got that figured out myself. But I'm open to new suggestions and methods. I'll take a peek at Pandora's book and decide then if I'll order it or not. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
LondonDiva said:
Is CG's book worth ordering. Honestly /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure. Since I've joined this forum, I've learned so much and the regime’s listed here are similar to the info in her book. I don't know if everyone has shared info based on her book or not. A lot of the information is repetitious though. It’s interesting reading and maybe a good reference. But if you follow the regime’s listed here, the information is very similar.

Back