Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Pudding

apollo

Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Pudding. Has anyone tried this yet? I also noticed they changed the scent of the hair milk and the hair milk lite.

Last edited:
I tried the hair milk original with the new scent and it made my hair hard and dry like all CD products do...

apollo said:
I tried the hair milk original with the new scent and it made my hair hard and dry like all CD products do...

After I tried like two products from them I wouldn't even try nothing. The something magic something I really don't remember , but it seemed like it dried my hair out and was suppose to be moisturizing and that peppermint oil was so loud

I've never used the product you named , OP, but I used CD's Hair Milk ( with the new formula, I'm guessing) and it dried and tangled my hair very badly. :nono: IMO, CD doesn't seem to have a good reputation ever since she started changing formulas around, but I'm sure there are members here who think otherwise.

ETA: It was the Hair Milk shampoo I used.

Last edited:
The new hair milk very lite. I can handle the smell now, but not the dryness and tangles. I guess I need to leave CD alone. Her Monoi line made my hair so hard and my scalp was itchy. I am lucky to be able to return her products on the Military base I purchased them from.

I just looked at this in macys.

I don't mind the scent of the hair milk, it was lemongrass something I like. But dammit, it WORKED LIKE MAGIC on my hair and if they changed the formula and my hair hates it, we're going to fight.

I mean literally, I use that stuff under ecostyler and it's wonderful.

I don't mind the scent of the hair milk, it was lemongrass something I like. But dammit, it WORKED LIKE MAGIC on my hair and if they changed the formula and my hair hates it, we're going to fight.

Did you try the new one yet? I remember when I bought the hair milk lite with the spots on the bottle that looked like a cow, it had silicones in it. In this one the lite doesn't have silicones. However, I bought the original and it left my hair super dry.

Thread right on time.. I'm looking into this for my dd... Right I'm using Mizani Rose H20 Conditioning Hairdress and it's not bad...

I tried the hair milk pudding when ulta was giving away free sample sizes. Like apollo, it made my hair hekka dry and crispy! It felt so silky on my skin and smelled fabulous. I really wand to love it. No gas though.

i love cd hair milk too. and have loved it for years.
when it had the brown lable it was my boo thang and go to leave in/moisturizer during this bad snow storm we had a few years ago. my hair stayed moisturized and curls were nice and plump.
then she changed to the milk bottles and my hair still likes the hair milk.
i just recently purchased the hair milk lite and the hair milk pudding.
the hair milk lite so far is ok. i dont like the way it goes on my hair at all but once its dry its soft and slightly defined curls, no hold at all though. i normally like a light hold.

i havent tried the pudding yet but it has the texture as a milk so.....

I tried the Hair Milk Pudding for the first time last night for my braidout today. I received this item in my CurlBOX. I've never used any other CD product.

Can I tell you....my hair was BANGIN'. Last night I washed, DCed, put some Biosilk in my hair, then did a light blow dry. My hair was still a bit damp, but somewhat stretched. I used the Pudding as my styler. Braided up, went to bed, and took the braids out this morning. My hair was sooo shiny, soft, and bouncy. Plus, it kept it's definition all day, in Florida humidity. This stuff is definitely a keeper for me.

GreenEyedJen said:
I tried the Hair Milk Pudding for the first time last night for my braidout today. I received this item in my CurlBOX. I've never used any other CD product.

Can I tell you....my hair was BANGIN'. Last night I washed, DCed, put some Biosilk in my hair, then did a light blow dry. My hair was still a bit damp, but somewhat stretched. I used the Pudding as my styler. Braided up, went to bed, and took the braids out this morning. My hair was sooo shiny, soft, and bouncy. Plus, it kept it's definition all day, in Florida humidity. This stuff is definitely a keeper for me.

just wondering his is biosilk? i see its a bit expensive and wanted to know how it worked and what it does for your hair

Back