CAROL'S DAUGHTER Body Products...as good/bad as hair products?

taytay86

Hello ladies,

I'm seeing many old treads on CD's hair products, and it seems like half of you love it, half of you don't. So the best thing for me to do is try it right:rolleyes:?

Does anyone know if the Elixcir (which Jada Smith claims she loves) is the same thing as dominican scalp drops?

What do you ladies think of CD's body products? In particular the body butters and souffle's. Are they as thick as the hair products?

Please provide details on additional CD body products.

TIA:yawn:

I have. I have tried her Almond cookie shea butter lotion, Almond Cookie Body Butter, SweetHoneyDipChocolateBrownSugah Body Butter and her Ecstasy body oil.

I liked them all. Her butters are thick as hell and they do get rid of the ash. Almond cookie is my favorite. The shea butter lotion in Almond Cookie lasts ALL day. I'd be at work and suddenly get a whiff of myself even at the end of the day.

I use them and my mother loves them.

I love the hair milk which I love. I have the hair balm and I use that for my protective style.

My mom purchases the Saturday Morning special (or something like that) it has the shampoo, leave in, oil, pomade and hair milk. She loves them she takes it to the salon with her when she goes.

I am going to try the leave in but I dont know if I can sqeeze it in, my hair loves Kenra leave in and goes balistic on any other leave in except Salerm. I am going to see how it works anyway maybe I will like it better than the Kenra.

I've tried just about every thing except the elixir (I dont like products that make my scalp tingle) and the facial products. I have 4a/b natural hair. Only been natural 2yrs so I've seen the effects of most of the products on relaxed and natural hair. The biggest difference I think is that with the oils and moisturizers a little goes a long way on relaxed hair.

Here's the list:
Khoret Amen Shampoo - A staple, makes my hair really soft!! Smells sorta like Aveda Sap Moss.
Rosemary Mint Shampoo - Got as a gift , makes my scalp tingle ( so I don't use unless I run out of my staple), but it's also really softening.
Tui Herbal Shampoo- I returned it to Sephora the next day for a refund. It was the equivalent of amber colored water and produced 3 bubbles. Must be for ultra fine hair. They should call it a rinse.
Hair Milk - Like alot for twists, nice subtle scent.
Tui Oil - Recommend by a beautician. Hair seemed to grow a lil extra. Great moisture for scalp ( and I guess hair ), but doesn't seem to add any additional softness.
Khoret Amen Oil - Same as above except not recommended by beautician. I tried outta curiousity.
Mimosa Hair Honey- Completely unsure how I feel about this. I guess it's just okay.
Healthy Hair Butter- Okay for twists. If you use on wet hair it won't dry any softer, but if you use on twists it seems to moisturize the hair alot.
Some of Margurite Magic- Same as above.
Loc Butter - Same as above.
Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner - Like the concept of a conditioning spray. Good for hair health, but doesn't add softness. I mix it with the Khoret Amen Leave -In Conditioner cause I like the combined scent which is Aveda-ish. I keep buying them so I guess they are staples til I run across something better.

Mango Body Butter
Love Butter
Sandlewood and Vanilla Souffle
Sexy Belly
Lemon and Rose Hand Cream
Mango Shower Gel
Jamaican Punch Shower Gel
Ecstasy Perfume
Almond Cookie Perfume
Manicure in a Jar

Thanks ladies. I love products that make my scalp "tingle":grin: especially shampoo so I'll definitely try Mrs. Jada's regimen.

I'm not sure CD products are available in the Canada Sephora:ohwell: but I'll definitely check it out. I can't wait to try the body products:yep:

Back