Cantu Shea Butter leave-in

cookie1

Hi Gurls,
I know I'm pretty late with trying this product. I live in Iowa and AA products are hard to come by but, walked in Walmart and there it was. I bought the leave-in and oil sheen. I was reading an old review and though people love it they're talking about white balls, and it not mixing well with others. I have some questions...

1. Once hair dries can I moisturize with other products?

2. If I want to use heat can I use my heat protectant (spray)?

3. Is it best for a braid-out or down-style?

4. Is there other products they make that you'd suggest?

Thanks in advance!

Went to school in Iowa City and had such a hard time finding any products or stylists, so I know what you mean. Plus the water was hard. But, you can definitely use heat with this product. Consider using with a watery leave in every other day. It tends to build up so do not put on your scalp. It tends to form the white balls when wet and if you use another gel/other styling products with it. Use less if you are adding another product. Someone else mentioned the creamy leave in was good as well and that the conditioner was also good. I have only used the one in big jar. You can use with any styles even wash and goes and you can use a heat protectant with this product as well. Good luck and HHG.
Rain20

I think you can use it pretty much the same as any other moisturizer cream, except avoiding mixing it with certain gels (like IC Fantasia). I'm not sure if you'd bypass the white balls if you let your hair dry first, I just know I wouldn't want to chance it. I had the white balls in my hair once and they were hard to get out.

I'm not sure how I feel about this product yet. After all the raves about it, I went out and purchased it from Walmart. When I put it in my hair by itself, my hair is soft and detangles easily, but the next day, my hair is harder than a rock:ohwell:. Works pretty good while my hair is still a little wet, but I have to use it with another moisturizer for it to work for me.

I'm natural, and it's great for wash and go's. FYI - you can also order it on drugstore.com

Went to school in Iowa City and had such a hard time finding any products or stylists, so I know what you mean. Plus the water was hard. But, you can definitely use heat with this product. Consider using with a watery leave in every other day. It tends to build up so do not put on your scalp. It tends to form the white balls when wet and if you use another gel/other styling products with it. Use less if you are adding another product. Someone else mentioned the creamy leave in was good as well and that the conditioner was also good. I have only used the one in big jar. You can use with any styles even wash and goes and you can use a heat protectant with this product as well. Good luck and HHG.
Rain20

Thanks,
The water here is terrible! I moved from chicago here and my hair was in great shape. I ended up loosing so much hair because of this hard water and it took a couple of years to get my hair back in shape. Now I'm working on length again.

I agree, less is definitely better with this leave in. I tend to use it as a leave-in before rollersets only because it works better that way for me. It made my hair a little crunchy if I used it any other way. But for rollersets, it worked like a charm.

i love it. it's one of my staples. i use it when i wash and go and mix it with a very little bit of the lottabody foam for curl definition. i also use it after the first couple of days of a blow-out when i start bunning again. i'll put some on my scalp and ends at night and then slap my silk scarf on it...in the morning my hair is soooo soft. it keeps my ends moisturized. (i've never gotten the white balls.) like some of the other ladies said...a little goes a long way.

Back