Cantu Shea Butter leave in

br0wney3z

Okay so I've been dying to try that cantu leave in for a while and after reading a review about it a last week I decided to pick some up on my next visit. So I'm in the car after leaving the BSS and I'm reading the instructions and what not at a red light, when I see that they have "tips" for great hair. I start reading and see that they say to never apply the leave-in on NG...huh? Does anyone know why not?

i noticed that too, but i dont really know why. My guess would be that they dont want the product to get onto people's scalps and block their pores. considering that the product is sooo thick :drunk:

You can contact them to find out though

HTH

Hmm, I've never read that before. I'll have to look at my jar again. I would suspect that they say this because the product contains silicones. And if you put the product on new growth then the silicone in it may block the chemical action of a relaxer and cause the hair not to come out completely straight.

I don't know this for sure, but this would be my best guess.

I don't know:ohwell: I just bought mine two days ago too. :spinning: Perhaps Semo is right. You can contact them to ask why.:yep:

Hmm, I've never read that before. I'll have to look at my jar again. I would suspect that they say this because the product contains silicones. And if you put the product on new growth then the silicone in it may block the chemical action of a relaxer and cause the hair not to come out completely straight.

I don't know this for sure, but this would be my best guess.

um...can you tell me if the silicones cause buildup. Does warm water help when washing. I live in a tropical country so I use the water with no heat.

I bought it this past weekend.
It's not that thick IMO but it's not that moisturizing either. I could put some on in the AM and in the evening my hair is not so moist.
Any naturals have any feedback on this product?

It's not that thick IMO but it's not that moisturizing either. I could put some on in the AM and in the evening my hair is not so moist.

I used this as a leave-in after a co wash for the first time this past weekend and I actually liked it better than my organics leave-in. It made my hair super soft when wet and I actually fingered combed my hair bc it made my hair so soft. I am probably going to start using it as my staple leave-in. Then after I put my unrefined shea butter on my hair it felt even more like butter. I also use it on my ends when hair is dry, just a little bit. My hair is very moisturized.

this product did nothing for me. i think it didnt work because it was sooo thick, it just sat on my 3c/4a hair. remember to clarify with this product!!
i hope it works for you!

:lachen:That is toooo funny!! I saw this the first time I bought it and I started out putting it on my NG but not anymore. They put it on there for a reason so I guess until I figure out why I just use it on my ends. It does do wonders for my NG though. Love this stuff!

um...can you tell me if the silicones cause buildup. Does warm water help when washing. I live in a tropical country so I use the water with no heat.

I think it can cause buildup if you are on the no shampoo routine. But I think that shampoo would keep the build up at bay. And a clarifying shampoo (I use Suave professionals clarifying shampoo) every now and then would also help.

I used this as a leave-in after a co wash for the first time this past weekend and I actually liked it better than my organics leave-in. It made my hair super soft when wet and I actually fingered combed my hair bc it made my hair so soft. I am probably going to start using it as my staple leave-in. Then after I put my unrefined shea butter on my hair it felt even more like butter. I also use it on my ends when hair is dry, just a little bit. My hair is very moisturized.

I agree with you. My hair really likes this product :yep:. The one warning I need to put out there is (and have seen others post on this problem): DO NOT put Fantasia IC sparklelite gel over top this product!! I found that this instantly created a white film and little gel balls that were hard to get out of the hair and did not absorb in :nono:.

Other than that, I think the product is great. I usually don't need gel b/c the product itself helps smooth my hair (esp. when I tie a scarf on for awhile to help it lay down).

Well well, I am going to have to try this now. I had been holding off until I got responses b4 venturing. I may try it after my next co-wash as well, b/c I currently use giovanni, which I love, but I'm up for a little experimenting as well.

I agree with you. My hair really likes this product :yep:. The one warning I need to put out there is (and have seen others post on this problem): DO NOT put Fantasia IC sparklelite gel over top this product!! I found that this instantly created a white film and little gel balls that were hard to get out of the hair and did not absorb in :nono:.

Other than that, I think the product is great. I usually don't need gel b/c the product itself helps smooth my hair (esp. when I tie a scarf on for awhile to help it lay down).
Would you believe i did this exact thing today and did not have enough time to rewash my hair and I am at work looking a hot mess with this white disgusting balls all over my hair. I look like I haven't shampoo in years. I just shampooed my hair this morning now I have to go home and wash this mess out again.

GIRL YES!! Your hair will be a white gummy mess!!! :nono: That's why I stopped using it on my hair. It doesn't mix well with other products. I keep some to use on my weaves though. It refreshes the curl like I wet the hair. I don't like to keep wetting when it's cold out.

it's my staple leave in.
i've been using it for a few years.
i am 4a/b.
i do a co wash and then put this in. sometimes i co wash with it. i also use it in between washes to moisturize my hair.
the only draw back that i had in the beginning was that it made my hair sticky -- but i was just using too much.
i really like this stuff.
i have not found another con like it -- texture or ability to moisturize.

Back