Can't stop touching my hair!!!

VinDieselsWifey

Hey

I just wanted to post about a great hair experience i had!

I pre-poo'd with my henna mix for an hour under a shower cap: 250 grams henna, 50 grams amla, 50 grams shikakai, 16 oz yoghurt, enough distilled water infused with rosemary, hibiscus, & sage herbs to make a paste. ( i use what i need and freeze the rest)

I rinsed in the shower and then applied my homemade ghee (clarified butter) to my hair and a little castor oil infused with rosemary & peppermint e.o to my scalp for a nice tingle under a shower cap for about 45 minutes.

then i washed with Jason's Biotin Shampoo twice undiluted.

Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Water), Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Panax Ginseng (Ginseng) Root Extract, Sodium Myreth Sulfate, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract, Cocamide MEA, Biotin, Panthenol (Vit. B5), Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Gel, Natural Tocopherol (Vit. E), Glycol Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vit. C), Lavendula Intermedia Leaf/Flower/Stem Extract, Decyl Glucoside, Retinyl Palmitate (Vit. A), Triticum Vulgare (Hydrolyzed Wheat) Protein, Cyclopentasiloxane and Dimethicone, Vegetable Glycerin, Benzyl Alcohol, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Natural Menthol, Fragrance Oil Blend.

next i deep conditioned with Jason's Conditioner For Color Treat/Damage Control for about an hour with shower cap. this conditioner gives a nice tingle, softens, and detangles.

Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Soft Water), Laminaria Saccharina (French Seaweed Extract), Ceteareth 20, Pyrus Cydonia (Quince Seed), Avena Sativa (Hydrolyzed Oat Protein), Steareth 2, Glycerine (Vege), Squalane (Vege), Sambuca, Canadensis (Elderflower Extract), Distearyldimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Triticum Vulgare (Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein), Lecithin, Glycine Soja, (Hydrolized Soy Protein), Ulmus Fulva (slippery Elm Bark Extract), Beta Glucan, Planthenol-4â„¢ Complex (Plant Phosolipids, DL-Panthenol, Ethyl Panthenol & Steardimonium Panthenol-Vit. B), Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail/Silica Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E), Folic acid, Carboxy, Butyl Chitosan (Bio-Ferm), Dimenthiconol, Cyclomethicone, Retinyl Palmitate (Vit. A), Trimethicone, Natural Floral Essential Oils, Dimethicone, Arbinagalalactan, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vit. C), Simethicone, Dimethicone Copolyol Meadowformate, Lactic Acid (pH Balancing), Titanium Dioxide (UVA Screen), Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

i detangled under the shower with a wide tooth bone comb, and then used my smaller bone comb (based on what someone else mentioned about preventing knots on the ends)

after rinsing, i sprayed my hair with a mix of distilled water & Giovanni Direct Leave-In to keep it moist while i oiled my scalp with homemade butter mixture ( shea, mango, cocoa, avocado, coffee butters mixed with castor, coconut, jojoba, rice bran, macademia nut, sweet almond, olive oils)

then i used some more Direct Leave-In
Ingredients: Aqua (purified water) with *rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) oil, *nettle (Uritica dioica) oil, *thyme (Thymus vulagris) oil, birch leaf (Butela alba) oil, *chamomile (Anthemis nobilus flower) oil, *clary (Salvia sclarea), *lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), *coltsfoot leaf (Tussilago farfara), *yarrow (Achillea millefolium) oil, *mallow (Malva sylvestris), *horsetail (Equistetum arvense) oil, *soybean protein (Glycine soja), cetyl alcohol (plant derived), tocopherol (vitamin E), trace minerals, citric acid (corn), sodium hydroxymethyglycinate, grapefruit seed (citrus derived).

then i sealed with my homemade butter mixture, put my hair in a bun, and slicked the front edges down with my homemade gel mix ( flax seed gel, aloe vera gel, shea butter).

OH. MY. GOSH!!! my hair is soooooo soft right now!!! my hair usually always feel soft,
but not like this. my hair has been so soft for the past two days now! I just keep rubbing my hair like WOW! I think I have to do my henna treatments more often!

congrats girl, your texturizer looked exactly like my hair did, i think we have very simlar hair types too.

VDW, I love your hair.

How did you make the ghee?

thanks!

i used the recipe from another thread about ghee:

Make it yourself???

Restaurants buy it as "clarified butter". It is butter with all of the water and solids removed. Ghee will not scorch or burn and can be cooked at higher temperatures than any oil.

How to Make Ghee (clarified butter)

Ghee is 100% butter fat which is used in many oil therapies, healthy cooking and herb combinations. Ghee is salt and lactose free with 14 grams of fat per tablespoon.
Difficulty Level: Average Time Required: 1 hour 30 minutes

Here's How:
1. Melt 2 pounds of organic, unsalted butter at a very low heat.
2. Once melted, slightly increase the heat.
3. Decrease slightly if it starts to smoke or show signs of scorch. Do not let it burn.
4. Remain at this point for approximately an hour checking often but not disturbing it.
5. You will notice milk solids sinking, and foam at the top. Do not disturb this foam.
6. After an hour, let it cool approximately 15 minutes.
7. Carefully skim any remaining foam or floating substances off the top.
8. Filter the remaining clear liquid into a clean white jar. You may use cheesecloth, coffee filter or paper towel as a filter.
9. Cover and store in a cool place.
10. Use with moderation since it is 100% butterfat.

Tips:
1. Do not let it burn. Monitor the process until you get the hang of it. If you see or smell smoke or notice ripples on the surface, turn the heat down.
2. Avoid stirring while the solids are separating.
3. Use wisely, it can increase your risk of coronary artery disease.
4. Your finished product will have a rich golden color and buttery aroma. It will solidify but will not be hard.

thanks!

i used the recipe from another thread about ghee:

Make it yourself???

Restaurants buy it as "clarified butter". It is butter with all of the water and solids removed. Ghee will not scorch or burn and can be cooked at higher temperatures than any oil.

How to Make Ghee (clarified butter)

Ghee is 100% butter fat which is used in many oil therapies, healthy cooking and herb combinations. Ghee is salt and lactose free with 14 grams of fat per tablespoon.
Difficulty Level: Average Time Required: 1 hour 30 minutes

Here's How:
1. Melt 2 pounds of organic, unsalted butter at a very low heat.
2. Once melted, slightly increase the heat.
3. Decrease slightly if it starts to smoke or show signs of scorch. Do not let it burn.
4. Remain at this point for approximately an hour checking often but not disturbing it.
5. You will notice milk solids sinking, and foam at the top. Do not disturb this foam.
6. After an hour, let it cool approximately 15 minutes.
7. Carefully skim any remaining foam or floating substances off the top.
8. Filter the remaining clear liquid into a clean white jar. You may use cheesecloth, coffee filter or paper towel as a filter.
9. Cover and store in a cool place.
10. Use with moderation since it is 100% butterfat.

Tips:
1. Do not let it burn. Monitor the process until you get the hang of it. If you see or smell smoke or notice ripples on the surface, turn the heat down.
2. Avoid stirring while the solids are separating.
3. Use wisely, it can increase your risk of coronary artery disease.
4. Your finished product will have a rich golden color and buttery aroma. It will solidify but will not be hard.

thanks for posting. that looks so hard.:nono:

it's not hard. you just let the butter melt on medium heat for a few minutes, then let it simmer on low heat for about an hour. then strain it. it's not as difficult as they make it seem.

i haven't used it in a while, but i use to use it after henna treatments. you only need a little bit too. it smells funny, so make sure you use good smelling poo & con after it.

Back