Can't Keep My Hands out of my NG

conskeeted

Hello there ladies -

I have a question for the transitioners and fully natural sisters on the board.
:afro:

I'm currently transitioning (not really a transition anymore - cause all the relaxed hair broke off LOL) But... I am
:shocked: FASCINATED :shocked: with the texture of my natural hair. So much so... that I'm constantly running my fingers into (not through) the hair just to touch and familiarize myself with the waves / curls (pending on where I'm touching on my head). Now, as a permed lady, I'd massage my scalp for a few minutes a few times a week to help stimulate growth - but I'm nervous that all this romancing my NG might cause damage.

Does anyone else have this problem? Do I have real cause for concern?

Thank you in advance for your answers :)

i have the same problem.. ever since i did the BC, i cant keep my hands out my hair either.. so far i havent seen any damage in my hair but i know if i keep doing it, it will show up soon...

HIF...Hand in Fro disease. It only gets worse, but as long as you arent causing damage to your hair...knotting, matting, etc...its harmless. :)

*whew* Yeah - no damage... just touching the hair and on occasion rubbing the oils into my scalp. but not matting it when I do that.

I think i spend my days at home with my hands in my hair so much... It's like when my college beaux was locking his hair. I used be so jealous that his hands weren't on ME!!! LOL But I understand the trance now!

A lot of naturals suffer from HIF disease. :yep:

It's a good one to have, if you have to have any disease. I'm always tugging on a coil (and see people's eyes go big as the coil travels from above the shoulder to past APL). I have this little curly coil at my hairline that I love to touch. I've been natural/transitioning for over three years, but it still doesn't get old.

:yep:Yes, the little bumps, waves, curls, coils are good friends now. I am fascinated with my natural texture...really must keep my fingernails well filed these days to avoid snagging my hair. Definitely have {T.M.R.}touch my roots obsession.

i somehow think i am causing damage by doing this. i am transitioning and i fear i might be 'irritating' the demarcation line or perhaps causing high splits from the constant touching - kinda throws low manipulation out the window - lol.

When I first started to transition, I went through that stage. Now I find that the longer it gets, the more I try not to touch it. It gets tangled easily from the two different textures if i mess with it too much. So now I just apply my Ovation, gel it down, put it in a pony and keep it moving.

Back