Cancer Causing Agents in DudleyQ Products???

bajanplums1

THis is not a joke. In Julyof 2002, I had surgery to remove a lump that had grown at the nape of my neck where my hair line ends. Neither I or my doctor knew what caused it. His guess was that it was my hair products. He actually said a lot of black people use grease and maybe you used too much grease near your neck. I was offended by this comment--he's Jewish. He said that it may be benign, but it was a tumor and that it was best to get rid of it.

From July 2000 until the surgery in July 2002, I had visited one stylist. I loved how she hooked my hair up, but she always used to products on me consistently: (1) Dudley;s PCA and (2) Dudley;s DRC-28. Recently, I downloaded a Dermatology Dictionary from the Internet. I was browsing the dictionary and came across this ingredient: 2-Bromo-2nitropropane-1, 3-diol. The definition reads "can form carcinogens in cosmetics or on the skin. Often used in shampoos and moisturizers; avoid products with this ingredient. Sometimes called BNPD." Both DUDLEY'S PRODUCTS CONTAIN THIS INGREDIENT.

Ok, I have no definitive proof that my lump was caused by the Dudleys;s but: (1) I was 25 at the time, (2) there is no history of cancer in my family, (3) the lump was determined to be a tumor, not a keloid (4) the DRC-28 always dripped down my neck when it was applied.

Is it possible for there to be a link? Does anyone else have any knowledge about this ingredient? or experienced a similar lump?

Thanks.

This is informative but scary. I am glad you took proper care of yourself. Thanks I will check my shampoos and conditioners tonight.

This is informative but scary. I am glad you took proper care of yourself. Thanks I will check my shampoos and conditioners tonight.

It just might be possible. I'll start looking for this ingredient in my products.

Thanks!

oh no this is terrible! Im sorry you had this experience. Also my stylist uses Dudley relaxer mild on me too and it came out nice. But Now i have to tell her i dont want to use it anymore.

[ QUOTE ]
glossyxlipz said:
oh no this is terrible! Im sorry you had this experience. Also my stylist uses Dudley relaxer mild on me too and it came out nice. But Now i have to tell her i dont want to use it anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank all u ladies for your sympathy. Fortunately, i was knocked out on gas the entire time.
Glossy--My stylist never used Dudleys Relaxer--she used Affirm. Just the DRC-28 &^the PCA moisture retainer. The relaxer may not even have the ingredient, but the DRC and the PCA both do, I have both bottles at home and noticed the ingredient on both. So you may still be able to use the relaxer.

I will be looking out for these ingredients. In addition, some Dominican conditioners contain unsafe colors in them so be cautious. The FDA has them listed on their website (Do not refer to the Dominican Products that have been flagged for having bad labels. I like those /images/graemlins/laugh.gif ).

dang. that is scary. I don't use dudley anyway. I think that I wil make sure not to use them. There may be a link between the two. Where did you find this information. I'm going to check my other products too.

Back