Can your head be too big to wear lacefronts?!

LilMissSunshine5

Hello ladies! I am trying to start the year off right by avoiding heat and PS. I bought several wigs to do this but I am struggling to get the wig to stay put on my head...they keep moving backward and I think my head may be too big :nono: I am putting a silk scarf on to protect my hair from breaking, but I don't want to use glue or anything damaging to get it to stay put...any advice? I am also going to search and see if I can get a quick answer, but so far I have had no luck :( TIA

Anyone can wear a lace wig - some men wear them. But if you're having trouble with fit you can either order custom wig or stop worrying about getting all your hair into the cap and leave some out around the edges. On the plus side that's a more natural look anyway.

I have a big head and if I can slip this fro under a wig I know you can too! When I was relaxed I would leave a bit out around the perimeter (more so to save my edges than to get it to blend) and I would wrap or flat twist/braid the rest.

When I wore a scarf under my wig it was almost always the du-rag for men. It laid better IMHO. It was much better than the little stocking/wig caps. :nono:

I wore full wigs because I never got the hang of the half caps.

Thank you so much ladies! I am transitioning, so wearing hair out in the front is not going to be my best bet with the 2 textures :lol: At least not with the silky straight one I am wearing now...I do have several curly haired wigs, so I think I may try to rock them or wear a decorative headwrap with the straight ones to hide the front that likes to peek out :grin: I will be buying a do rag very soon :)

I think it depends on the brand. There are some wigs I cant wear b/c even w/ flat hair, its too tight on my head.

Back