Can you use a body moisturiser on your hair?

I'm thinking something like Body Shop's body butters like the shea and cocoa butters. Or even st Ives' swiss formula body butter because i was just looking at some of the ingredients in it and it has stuff like glycerin and hydrolyed milk protein? :ohwell:

Thanks guys. I ordered the Bee Mine moisturiser but i'm trying to reduce the amount of online shopping i do. So i've been contemplating using my Body Shop and St Ives moisturisers on my hair :lachen:

It's not organic or anything, but I've heard of using Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion on hair as a sealant.

My grandma actually uses Pond's on her hair. Yes POND's the skin moisturizer. And she has hair down to her butt. Go figure.

I have a bath and body works body lotion in Vanilla Jasmine scent. It comes in a tall, reddish pump bottle similar to the Shescentit Coco Cream leave in moisturizer. I once accidentally pumped a big glob of the body lotion and plopped in my hair.

Bleh... smell was waaaaaay too strong. Had to wash it out.

Just wanted to quickly update you guys. So....i used my St Ives moisturiser after washing and conditioning on my hair and i really don't know why i didn't try this sooner. It just sank straight into my hair and i sealed with a bit of coconut oil. I've got about 9 months worth of unrelaxed hair so i put my hair in 4 braided pony tails so that the roots can get reasonably smooth and lay down without the need to use heat. Don't know if it makes any difference but i used it on semi-damp hair. I'll wait and see what it looks and feels like in the morning when it is completely dry :look:

KY is also a good hair moisturizer:sekret: First ingredient is glycerin:look: It lays down the edges really well. Discovered this when Kayla stumbled on to some and decided Caleb needed his hair done:blush:

That's all I use in my hair because I can't get any of the products you ladies talk about so I figured if it can moisturize my skin then it can do the same for my hair.. I've been using them over a year now and growing strong :)

I use all of Afroveda's butters for my skin as they did NOTHING for my hair. So I don't see why you couldn't use something marketed for the skin on your hair...

My staple hair moisturizer has been Alba Kukui Nut Body cream for 2 years now. I flirt with others and ALWAYS come running back to this. It's only like $8 on VItacost and lasts about 6-9 months.

As long as the ingredients are desirable- I say your good to go.

KY is also a good hair moisturizer:sekret: First ingredient is glycerin:look: It lays down the edges really well. Discovered this when Kayla stumbled on to some and decided Caleb needed his hair done:blush:

*starts to say something dirty, but then thinks better of it*

I use ponds sometimes and Nivea if I can ever find the kind from Europe. One of you EU ladies needs to mail me some.

I used Eucerine Lotion one day I was at work and remembered that i did not put any moisturizer in my hair that day!! Could not help it, I was in need of a moisturizer, and did not want my hair to be dry and brittle that day!!

Just took my hair out of the mini pony tails i made and it is still moisturised! I can't believe it took me so long to try this. I added the moisturiser to my hair again today but i sealed with Vatika almond oil instead of coconut oil cause i have to go to uni and i don't want to smell of coconuts. I think i'll just keep doing this everyday until my Bee Mine gets here. And when i get a new stash of body butters from Body Shop i'll try it on my hair as well cause i think that might even be better than the St Ives :)

I have. It was some sort of intense body creme from World Market. I stopped because it was overmoisturizing my situation.

Back