Can you safely do a clear gloss on relax'd hair?

BeautifulFlower

I am terrified of synthetic dyes. The last indigo treatment I did has my hair so black its beautiful. Its only shiny when I straighten and use my glossing products. I'd like something that will last a bit longer. Can I do a clear gloss on my indigo, relax'd hair? :look:

I am terrified of synthetic dyes. The last indigo treatment I did has my hair so black its beautiful. Its only shiny when I straighten and use my glossing products. I'd like something that will last a bit longer. Can I do a clear gloss on my indigo, relax'd hair? :look:

If you mean clear rinses...Yes you can

Glazes are pretty safe, I used to use them all the time. I also used it over henna and indigo and I'm relaxed.

Glosses are chemical free (meaning: no ammonia or peroxide). All they do is coat the hair shaft and help seal the cuticle. So yes, they are very safe. When I was relaxed, rinses were alot gentler on my hair than henna and indigo.

Yes. I've done one before using Clairol's Jazzing in Clear, but I was disappointed 'cause it didn't look like I put anything in my hair! That was several years ago. I am thinking of trying one by Sebastians or just using a cellophane treatment instead of a clear rinse. I had a cellophane trx done at a salon, and it was bananas! My hair has never had that much shine and swing!

Yes. I've done one before using Clairol's Jazzing in Clear, but I was disappointed 'cause it didn't look like I put anything in my hair! That was several years ago. I am thinking of trying one by Sebastians or just using a cellophane treatment instead of a clear rinse. I had a cellophane trx done at a salon, and it was bananas! My hair has never had that much shine and swing!

Yeah I heard about that Sebastian Cellophane. I think Im gonna try this. Thanks!

Clear Rinses are harmless, it coats your hair to smooth your cuticle which gives you the shine. I love them.

I know this is an old thread but to those still using clear rinses...

Would clear rinses not be advisable for low porosity hair since the cuticles are pretty much closed tightly already?

Back