can you ponytail a half wig?

beebstt

im wondering because some of these haf wig threads really have me tempted, but i am not a fan of wearing my hair down all the time.

so can u put a half wig in a ponytail without it looking :perplexed

You can try, but I find that the caps are waaaay too big to make a decent looking ponytail. I prefer the phony ponies that are not half wigs as well. They have cheap ones online! Good luck!

You can try, but I find that the caps are waaaay too big to make a decent looking ponytail. I prefer the phony ponies that are not half wigs as well. They have cheap ones online! Good luck!

my hair is thick enough as it is that i dont think a phony pony will work for me. im not talking about one of those tight ponytails either.. just one of those loose ones that are really low.

I think if the half wig is long enough and you put an elastic type headband around it to cover the seam of the wig it could work. Do you wear your natural hair out in the front? I used to put my full wig in a low loose ponytail because it seemed to tangle too much when it was all out. I just pulled it back so that it was covering my ears and put it in a low, loose ponytail.

You definitely can.....

Leave some of your perimeter out and comb over the demarcation line.

Like so....

Vgirlponya.jpg

vgirlponyb.jpg

yup you definitely can. I've done a ponytail & a half up-half down style with my wigs. Some half-wigs are more bulkier than others tho.

beautiful! you are definitely on of the reasons i wnt to try a half wig. ok so im just gonna order a a half wig and hopefully it will work out! thanks
You definitely can.....

Leave some of your perimeter out and comb over the demarcation line.

Like so....

Vgirlponya.jpg

vgirlponyb.jpg

Self styled, you always style your wigs so well.

I wanna try that. I'm not sure how it would look on my big ol head though.

Good thread OP!

Im wearing a half wig now and I'm trying to think how I can wear it differently.

Absolutely! I used to do it all the time! Here are some pics of some of it pulled back with some still loose. I also did the low ponytail thing waaaayyy more often, but I never took pics of that style.

Attachments

• Picture 250.jpg
    Picture 250.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Picture 251.jpg
    Picture 251.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Picture 253.jpg
    Picture 253.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Picture 255.jpg
    Picture 255.jpg