Can You Love Someone But Not Like Them

There's this guy that I had a crush on. But he's that guy that you should never date (and exactly the type I'm attracted to). I love him as a friend and but will hate him as anything further n hv to accept that.

I'm starting to question this myself. I dont like you ....the feelings of love will disappear over time and while I will care about your wellbeing I dont think I will continue to love you. But again I care about your life.

For a child or parent (someone closely biologically connected), yes I think there are moments when you can feel this way. I can never emotionally detatch from my child..no matter what.

Yes, I believe it is possible. This is how I justify it to myself....I know your past and understand why you behave as you do... But I just can't tolerate your attitude/behavior. This is mostly true for family members that I know something about their life experiences. I love them, and try to respect them but I try to keep a distance ('cause I don't want to go off 'em :arguing:).

In intimate relationships if I don't like you then there is no way I can love you. To me at the very foundation of love is respect, and deferance. If I can't find it within myself to appreciate your personality traits then how do I even get to love? The whole idea is so silly to me.

In intimate relationships if I don't like you then there is no way I can love you. To me at the very foundation of love is respect, and deferance. If I can't find it within myself to appreciate your personality traits then how do I even get to love? The whole idea is so silly to me.
For me the loving but not liking happened after the foundation was built and far into the relationship. Its definitely possible.

Back