Can you get away with one lather?

OneInAMillion

I've noticed a pattern lately. My hair does REALLY WELL when I only lather once. Meaning, it stays soft and detangles easily, the new growth and the relaxed hair. Lathering 2 and 3 times is just more trouble. Is this sufficient to cleanse my scalp? I wash once a week.

Thanks!

Since starting with LHCF, I too have switched from lathering 3 times to lathering just once per wash. I learned it from someone here. What a difference! The one-time lather still gets my hair very clean and it saves time!
I wash twice each week.

I pretty much always dilute my poo so I rarely get any lather and I never rinse and repeat.

Sounds great!! I would have stopped lathering sooner, but I was following whatever tradition I grew up with (lather 3x). My hair is texturized like the two of you, and this eliminated the tangling I usually deal with. Thanks again!

OneInAMillion said:
Sounds great!! I would have stopped lathering sooner, but I was following whatever tradition I grew up with (lather 3x). My hair is texturized like the two of you, and this eliminated the tangling I usually deal with. Thanks again!
I learned that growing up too. Where did that tradition come from anyway? :scratchch

OneInAMillion said:

I consider this one important for my overall haircare. All that poo strips my natural oils and as good as jojoba or olive or whatever oil is, nothing replaces my natural sebum. :yep:

i lather only once as well. I wash once weekly also. I have a cheap squirt bottle and I add maybe 2-3 dabs of poo and maybe 4ozs of hot water. I squirt the mixture on my scalp. gently rub my scalp and then squeeze the mixture down the length of my hair. This cleans my scalp and hair very well.

Isis said:
Since starting with LHCF, I too have switched from lathering 3 times to lathering just once per wash. I learned it from someone here. What a difference! The one-time lather still gets my hair very clean and it saves time!
I wash twice each week.

Ditto. Once of the gems I got from this board. I wash once a week.

Isis said:
I learned that growing up too. Where did that tradition come from anyway? :scratchch

I think it came from the shampoo bottle #1...you know lather, rinse, repeat and #2...many of us came from bi-weekly shampoos and hair grease...maybe the extra lathers were necessary o get the build up out?

Just what I have thought.

Anyway, I only lather once with the exception of when I relax and the rare occasion that I use a clarifying poo. I often use a moisturizing poo after a clarifying poo.

Back