Can you ever have NO breakage?

Channy31

I feel like my hair is the best its ever been, and I look after it really well. But I still get breakage. Today whilst washing my hair I noticed at least 6 broken hairs and during styling im sure ill get more. But is that okay?

I spose as my hair is getting longer the ends are getting older which means I will have breakage?

My hair is super super super dense so really those 6 hairs are nothing, but is it ever possible to have no breakage?

Is there an okay about of breakage?

Absolutely no breakage, I don't believe that's possible. I used to doubt women who say they have no breakage, but in general terms I am now one of those women.

I have fine hair and I thought that breakage was just par for the course, I turned that around with coconut oil.

I wash my hair 4-6 times a week after I workout. I sometimes prepoo overnite, but generally I put coconut oil, with a plastic cap, a scarf and knit cap on my hair before I hit the gym. I co-wash or just rinse after. Doing this has resulted in stronger hair, that does not tangle, shed hair slides out, and very little breakage, I just washed my hair and hour ago and had 1 broken hair, 1. everything else was shed hair. I even used a comb, I generally finger comb.

This is probably my longest post ever, but I have been really amazed at the results. If you need my complete regimen, which is really simple, pm me. Oh, generally my hair HATES coconut oil.

Absolutely no breakage, I don't believe that's possible. I used to doubt women who say they have no breakage, but in general terms I am now one of those women.

I have fine hair and I thought that breakage was just par for the course, I turned that around with coconut oil.

I wash my hair 4-6 times a week after I workout. I sometimes prepoo overnite, but generally I put coconut oil, with a plastic cap, a scarf and knit cap on my hair before I hit the gym. I co-wash or just rinse after. Doing this has resulted in stronger hair, that does not tangle, shed hair slides out, and very little breakage, I just washed my hair and hour ago and had 1 broken hair, 1. everything else was shed hair. I even used a comb, I generally finger comb.

This is probably my longest post ever, but I have been really amazed at the results. If you need my complete regimen, which is really simple, pm me. Oh, generally my hair HATES coconut oil.

Would love your regi!

VivaMac since you wash your hair so often, how are you styling it? How long is your hair?
I personally would love to wash more than once a week but that would mean I would be walking around in ugly big plaits, since that is the only way I can air dry without my hair tangling up.

Last edited:
When I first went natural to my dismay my hands were covered in broken off hairs when applying product. No matter how gentle I was so many hairs just couldn't go on. I was few inches past APL when stretched at the time. Nonetheless, I came to the conclusion that I needed a hair cut. I took off two inches, a little more in certain areas. After a few months, I saw less and less of it. I still have some currently but it's no where near the amount it was before. When I use a paddle brush to detangle twice a week, I only pull a small wad of hair from it weekly. Hairs use to cover the shower, now I seldom spot more than a few pieces a week.

Edit: Oh and my drain hasn't been clogged since early fall :lol:

VivaMac since you wash your hair so often, how are you styling it? How long is your hair?
I personally would love to wash more than once a week but that would mean I would be walking around in ugly big plaits, since that is the only way I can air dry without my hair tangling up.

I dont wash it often, once every 4 days when natural. A lot less when straightened.
Well my recent style was just a bun but it was fairly dry. Most of the time (especially considering its exam season atm, its in a bun)
Hair is MBL.

When I first went natural to my dismay my hands were covered in broken off hairs when applying product. No matter how gentle I was so many hairs just couldn't go on. I was few inches past APL when stretched at the time. Nonetheless, I came to the conclusion that I needed a hair cut. I took off two inches, a little more in certain areas. After a few months, I saw less and less of it. I still have some currently but it's no where near the amount it was before. When I use a paddle brush to detangle twice a week, I only pull a small wad of hair from it weekly. Hairs use to cover the shower, now I seldom spot more than a few pieces a week.

Edit: Oh and my drain hasn't been clogged since early fall :lol:

Hm okay, I wouldnt say that I have a lot of breakage though?
Ive recently trimmed off about 3/4 of an inch but I dont want to do a bigger chop (2ish inches) till like august or later.

Would love your regi!
MixedGirl

Regimen:
Prepoo w/Coconut oil Co-wash with Nature's Gate Aloe Vera Condtioner
or DermOrganic Masque

Weekly: Condition with a mixture of bananas, avocado oil, castor oil,
and blackstrap molasses once a month I add a bit of KPAK constructor to it, my hair likes it but only if I add it to something else, otherwise I get breakage.

Monthly: shampoo with RedKen hair cleansing cream.

Dust usually every 2 months

massage my scalp with my own mix when I remember.

Bublin I wear my hair in high or low buns or roll and tuck styles. I am in a growth challenge with my sister who get about 6-8 ins a year, I get about
4-5. She turn me on to using coconut nightly. I am currently BSB stretched and I am natural.
examples of how I wear my hair:

269.jpg

202.jpg

Last edited:
MixedGirl - thanks for starting this thread. I've been wondering the same thing.

I've been seeing a lot of small broken hairs(as small as eyelashes and some longer) I'm wondering if I'm just overdue for a trim( last trim was in Nov.) But even before this I was still getting longer hair breakage. I DC once a week, m&s daily.. Am I doing something wrong?

I think the nature of hair is to break eventually. It's like trying to stop the inevitable.

Skin sheds. Hair breaks. I don't see any way to have absolutely no breakage. All we can do is employ healthy hait habits to prevent excessive breakage.

Personally, since my hair cut I have noticed a lot less breakage. Very little.

MixedGirl

Regimen:
Prepoo w/Coconut oil Co-wash with Nature's Gate Aloe Vera Condtioner
or DermOrganic Masque

Weekly: Condition with a mixture of bananas, avocado oil, castor oil,
and blackstrap molasses once a month I add a bit of KPAK constructor to it, my hair likes it but only if I add it to something else, otherwise I get breakage.

Monthly: shampoo with RedKen hair cleansing cream.

Dust usually every 2 months

massage my scalp with my own mix when I remember.

Bublin I wear my hair in high or low buns or roll and tuck styles. I am in a growth challenge with my sister who get about 6-8 ins a year, I get about
4-5. She turn me on to using coconut nightly. I am currently BSB stretched and I am natural.
examples of how I wear my hair:

View attachment 203441

View attachment 203445

Thanks! Interesting regi :grin:

Back