Can we talk about Falls, 1/2 wigs, Instant Weaves....

Sorry...I can't multi-quote for jack:

Great pics! Wow. This is going to be fun. And great tips as well. I can't wait to post pics of me in my new falls. (I got 2 of them. One was on sale for $5!) I ordered last night and the site shows I should have it by sometime in the last week of this month.

5?! Who/what/where/when? :lol:

LargerImage.php

Yup! This one was only $4.49. There are some goooood sales you just have to search, search and search some more.

Because I can't corn roll, when I wear my half wigs I plait my hair and pin them up. My question is, who can I protect the hair from rubbing up against the inside of the wig/fall? Does any baggie the whole head underneath? If so, how?:rolleyes:

LargerImage.php

Yup! This one was only $4.49. There are some goooood sales you just have to search, search and search some more.

:eek::eek: $4.49?? That...just...WRONG!! Now I have to buy something!:spinning:

:wallbash: I already have 2 wigs on order!! Somebody confiscate my credit card!!

I love falls. I am starting to get breakage though, so I started flat twisting my hair differently to avoid this. For me, I have to do a curly style since I can't flat iron my hair properly and my hair is natural. I'm looking forward to that tutorial Caramel Diva!

I love falls. I am starting to get breakage though, so I started flat twisting my hair differently to avoid this. For me, I have to do a curly style since I can't flat iron my hair properly and my hair is natural. I'm looking forward to that tutorial Caramel Diva!

What exactly did your breakage come from? The fall and the combs in it, the flat iron, the flat twists? I'm confused...

I went to my local BSS to get some tights and some lip gloss, and they had a bunch of 1/2 wigs for $19.99... Did I buy one? :rolleyes: Of course. So I feel like I have complete versatility... a wavy one, a curly one, and now a straight one plus I have my 2 phony ponies.... came to check to see if Tonya had been back to update, but not yet I see :spinning:

about the 5 $ half wig, , are you sure it is a half wig and not a pack of simple weave?
I ruined my eyes trying to figure it out on the picture and the title did not mention anything like it...

how long are your falls last? I buy sensatonal from the BBS and I would say it lasts about 2-3wks before it gets too tangled in the back. I'm spending about $40/mo. on synthetic 1/2 weaves.:ohwell: I think human hair might be the way to go. (last longer) but I do see that sisterhair.com as my vanilla kiss for $12.00 I usally buy it for $23.

Last edited:
What exactly did your breakage come from? The fall and the combs in it, the flat iron, the flat twists? I'm confused...

I went to my local BSS to get some tights and some lip gloss, and they had a bunch of 1/2 wigs for $19.99... Did I buy one? :rolleyes: Of course. So I feel like I have complete versatility... a wavy one, a curly one, and now a straight one plus I have my 2 phony ponies.... came to check to see if Tonya had been back to update, but not yet I see :spinning:

I think the breakage is from the combs. I don't currently use any heat. :yep:

LargerImage.php

:blush: $5?, Get out, I'm going to checkout the website pronto. If they don't have the $5 dollar one, maybe I can at least find something under $15:crossfingers:.

Last edited:
I have this one and I LOVE IT! I get so many compliments on it and it helped me (and the rest of the world) get used to my natural hair texture. I wear it off my face and people (that know me) stare in amazement in how it blends so well. I've been wearing it almost every day so since it's synthetic I know I have to replace it but I don't mind that for $20 every two months.... Plus, it's great for covering my head for these sub-zero temps!

Oh I love this one!! That's an excellent idea while I grow out my TWA

about the 5 $ half wig, , are you sure it is a half wig and not a pack of simple weave?
I ruined my eyes trying to figure it out on the picture and the title did not mention anything like it...

Now that I look at it again, it just might be. My bad. :nono:

Because I can't corn roll, when I wear my half wigs I plait my hair and pin them up. My question is, who can I protect the hair from rubbing up against the inside of the wig/fall? Does any baggie the whole head underneath? If so, how?:rolleyes:

Hello Princessdi,

I also don't know how to corn row:wallbash:. So I wear my hair in a loose bun or plaits underneath. (I am gonna learn how to cornrow sometime this year)

I protect my hair underneath sometimes by putting satin or silk clothe into the cap of the fall and adding a few stitches to sew it in. Works great!! Walmart sells some cheap silk or satin material in the hair African american hair section and you can find some in the fabric area.:yep:

I have baggied my whole head underneath a few time and also deep conditioned too this way (sometimes). Only my bangs don't get to benefit but I slapped on my coconut oil and moisture condition, put on my clear shower cap and place my instant weave over that. My instant weave it so full you can not see the plastic and it doesn't make noise b/c it snug and lying flat due to the instant weave.:locks: No one can tell, not even my husband. :giggle:

Now that I look at it again, it just might be. My bad. :nono:

:sad: Oh no!! If it isn't a fall maybe you could make in into one or use it for a phony pony. There is allot of videos and tutorial on youtube and at local bss that teach you how to make your own custom fall. :yep:

:sad: Oh no!! If it isn't a fall maybe you could make in into one or use it for a phony pony. There is allot of videos and tutorial on youtube and at local bss that teach you how to make your own custom fall. :yep:

Whaaat? I can make my own fall? Now this is too good to be true! How, how, how.... *heads over to You Tube*

Thanks, because on you tube I came up empty handed:yep:

I must have missed something in her albums, but I couldn't find a step by step guide.
Yesterday I dragged DH to atleast 4 different BSS looking for this 1/2 wig I saw that they didn't have my color in. Anyway, I finally found something similar that he and I both really love. I need to stop it now though. It's addictive.
And where is that TonyaJ with the tutorial? I keep rescuing this thread from the deep pits of LHCF forgottence :grin:
Anybody have thoughts on wig caps? Good? Bad?

Sorry Caramela, (it isn't exactly step by step) Oops.....
It is slide #9 - #19 on this link: http://public.fotki.com/Kitchentician/natural_journey/january_2006/2005_0704image0005.html

To make her quick weave she uses: A mannequin head, 2 long hair tracks, a wig cap, super glue and a blowdryer to dry the glue. She applied the tracks in an on-going circle, going all the way around the dummys head to the top. :grin:

Slide # 9 is the finished result with her wearing it
Slide # 12 & 13 is her begining to glue on the hair to the invisible looking wig/wave cap
Slide # 15 shows how she closes the top
Slide # 14 & 17 is the finished result and the hair she uses

She informs anyone who makes it this way to be careful if you apply it on a model like "Sasha" the mannequin head, because the head size may be different and it may be too tight for your head. :ohwell:

Hope this helps. I am thinking if making my own one soon.:yep: I have a couple packs of hair that I am not going to be using at all for a sew in.

Last edited:
Hello Princessdi,

I also don't know how to corn row:wallbash:. So I wear my hair in a loose bun or plaits underneath. (I am gonna learn how to cornrow sometime this year)

I protect my hair underneath sometimes by putting satin or silk clothe into the cap of the fall and adding a few stitches to sew it in. Works great!! Walmart sells some cheap silk or satin material in the hair African american hair section and you can find some in the fabric area.:yep:

I have baggied my whole head underneath a few time and also deep conditioned too this way (sometimes). Only my bangs don't get to benefit but I slapped on my coconut oil and moisture condition, put on my clear shower cap and place my instant weave over that. My instant weave it so full you can not see the plastic and it doesn't make noise b/c it snug and lying flat due to the instant weave.:locks: No one can tell, not even my husband. :giggle:

Thank you. I will try the silk lining. I have baggied before and it has worked for me as well. By the way, you look very nice in your falls/half wigs. They look so natural. I plan to wear these and plait and/or corn roll my hair all year to retain growth. I wished I could corn roll because then I could still do my cowashes without having to re-plait everyday. It's a chore. Any suggestions?

Back