Can someone tell me, how easy is it to do your own crochet braids?

fancypants007

I had mine done professionally about 7 weeks ago, and when I took them down it was very difficult. This was the braiders first time doing crochet braids and I used freetress deep wave hair. When she looped the hair into a knot, she pulled the hair very tightly to secure. When she was doing it at the time, I didn't think it would be a problem. She especially did this at my hairline and it was murder getting those braids out of my hair. I had to cut some of my own hair to get those knots out so the braid could come out. I tried to cut the knot so that the hair could loosen and I cut my own hair in the process. Finally I used a bobby pin and inserted it into the knot and pulled it loose and then the hair just came out. I have had crochet braids before, but this was the first time I ever used this type of hair and it was very hard to come out. I loved the look and got lots of compliments and I want to use this type of hair again, but this time I want to try doing it myself. I don't know how to cornrow so I will pay someone to do it for me and then crochet my own hair. Can someone give me some advice, please. I have short pieces of my own hair all over the place. Some places I cut knowingly, but other places I cut unknowingly. In the middle side area, I cut off half a braid and don't know how I did it. Anyhow, Im not worried about it because these areas are covered by my hair. I can say that my hair has gotten thicker and I'm hoping longer since being in the crochet braids. I also cut away some of the raggly ends. I'm hoping someone can help me because I really like the crochet braids.

It's easy. I did the set in my avatar. I know how to cornrow already. But sometimes I have my sis do it. I buy the latch hook and hook it onto the hair, Slide that latch under your cornrow and knot.

There are a few threads like this already on here. Also, there's some yt vids on it. That's how I learned.

it will be very easy, especially since you are getting someone else to do your cornrows. the first time i did it, i didn't even buy a latch hook -- i just used a bobby pin like BlackMasterpiece did on her mom's hair.

Back