Can someone recommend a good hair thickening shampoo?

Glib Gurl

My mother has very short, very fine, natural hair. It is baby soft, y'all. (My hair is the polar opposite - thicky thick and course!) But as she gets older she finds that it's thinning out. She would like to start using products to help thicken it up a bit. Any product suggestions???

Thanks,

Glib

Hey! I can't remember the exact names of the product but the ffing Lines have thickening products you can look up and choose from

1)OJON - they claim to be clinically proven to increase the diameter of your hair. This is also a trusted, but PRICEY line. Found at QVC, Sephora or Ulta.

2) PAUL MITCHELL - Has a bodifying line as well

3) J/A/S/O/N Biotin Shampoo & Conditioner - all natural hair product found in most health food store.

4) CASTOR OIL - good ol' castor oil has increased the diameter of lots of strands on this site.

Might I also add that increasing the frequency of DCing and moisturizing will properly hyrdrate the hair and cause each strand to swell up, which = thickness. <<<<this from personal experience.

Also noticing that your mum's hair is "thinning out." You might want to look at products that will stop her hair from falling out as well. There's a sudden craze for Indian oils on this board. One of those oils, I think bhra....whatever, stops the falling out of hair strands. You might want to pop into a thread discussing "Ayurveda" regimens.

Also, consider looking at Redd's new line at www.myfasthairgrowth.com. she has picture evidence of a male client using her products to reverse his thinning/balding head.

Good luck.

I asked this same thing for my mom a few weeks back. I was advised to get Jason brand Thin to Thick shampoo and conditioner. They sell it online at GNC.com for about 10 for both of them (they had a 2 for 1 sale) My mom likes it too.

Back