can someone please explain to me what is a prepoo???

Quita3514

I've never prepooed before I really don't know what it is??? I'm wonderin should I incorporate it in my regimen??? Can someone please explain to me what it is????

Pre-poo is when you use oil or conditioner or both on dry hair b4 you shampoo your hair. Some people just use a moisturizing conditioner mixed with oil or other item and some just use conditioner alone.. Put a plastic cap over your head and leave it on for as long as you like.. Then shampoo or co-wash.. Co-wash is using a conditioner to wash your hair instead of shampoo..

Pre-poo is when you use oil or conditioner or both on dry hair b4 you shampoo your hair. Some people just use a moisturizing conditioner mixed with oil or other item and some just use conditioner alone.. Put a plastic cap over your head and leave it on for as long as you like.. Then shampoo or co-wash.. Co-wash is using a conditioner to wash your hair instead of shampoo..

I love doing HOTs (hot oil treatments) in the winter as a form of pre-pooing. I like pre-pooing because it is a great way to use up oils/conditioners/DC's that I don't really like, but I don't want to just throw away. Remember you don't have to pre-poo every time you wash your hair. :yep:

The only prepooing I do is when I DC on dry hair before I shampoo it. But that's only because that's what the directions say is the way to use the product for deep conditioning (AO GPB), otherwise if not using AO GPB to DC, I normally don't prepoo. For some people it is an important part of their regimen; for others not so much.

OP try one of the suggested methods and see if it makes your regimen better. That's how to know if you need to be doing it. Some people prepoo overnight using a baggy (plastic cap, plastic bag, Saran wrap) to keep the product from getting on their pillow.

I like to prepoo on dry hair with protein, followed by my regular DC. Now that its cold, I prepoo with hot oils either overnight or with heat. Prepooing helps to add a protective coating against the harsh detergents in shampoos. It also helps with softening new growth to help with detangling.

i prepoo (with condish/hot oils) for atleast 2 hrs (preferably overnight) under a shower cap before i use any type of shampoo or cleanser...if i dont have time to prepoo, or i forget, then i'll just do a cowash instead. it really leaves my hair soft and moisturized after i wash and allows me to clean my hair and scalp without the dry or stripped feeling afterwards.

It's what you do the prep your hair before shampooing (pre-shampooing) hence pre-poo for short. Some ladies use oil or conditioner.

Thank u guys for explaining that to me I may prepoo for the first time with coconut oil ill try to leave it on overnight...because I'm 7 weeks post and the new growth is gettin thick..ill post the results and what I thought about it!

When I first started I was confused about pre poo too. My hair hated just plain oil, now I use cheapie conditioners mixed with oils overnight. I use the kimmaytube method and detangle before I shampoo. So far my hair has been loving it.

Back