Can someone please adopt me!

silentdove13

Hi everyone,

Well I would like someone who can give me a little guidance. I am very excited about this website and can't wait to have beautiful long healthy hair.

I am not sure what kind of hair I have because I just permed my hair on Sunday, Aug 17. I have short hair that reaches the bottom of my ears. I am going to do the DC challenge but I could use some help.

When you deep condition, do you have to wet your hair before you do so?

Well, I hope someone wants me, so I don't stay an orphan forever. : )

Happy Hair Growing.

Depends on your hair and what you are using. Since protein makes my hair hard, I have to do protein treatments on DRY hair, but I do my moisturizing treatments on both wet or dry hair depending on how I'm feeling and what I'm doing to my hair.

You can do your "pre poo" conditioner on dry hair, so NO you don't have to wet it 1st. Some says dry helps the hair fully absorb the goodness of the conditioner. I do it this way when I do a pre poo conditioner which I don't do religiously. I like the result very much. You can try it both way and see what you like.

Since you're so new, the DC challenge is probably a great place to start. You don't need much, if anything, more than what you already have. I just use "doctored" conditioners for it. Cholesterol w/ some natural oils and odds and ends of other conditioners I just mix in to use up! It's my "Frankenstein" mix, but you can just buy one or use what you have as is.

As the ladies said above - the jury is out on whether its better to DC wet or dry - I personally do it wet. I use cholesterol also with castor oil, coconut oil, EO's (essential oils), honey, and maybe some SAA (silk amno acids). My hair loves this mixture and it's readily accessible and cheap. If I need protein I blend in an egg or do a aphogee 2 minutes pre-poo. I keep it fairly simple. I wash with baking soda and CON (green label). My leave in is also cheap and fairly simple just cantu shea butter leave in. I seal that with coconut oil. Everything I use except the casor oil and SAA can be found at walmart - that works for me!

You've gotten good advice so far and if you join the challenge the ladies there will give you good advice as well, and just be sure to really study the thread for ideas and guidance. If you still need someone to adopt you, I will:yep:, I'm no deep conditioning or hair expert, but I've been around here almost 4 years so if I don't know the answer I can point you in the right direction. Good luck and welcome to the board:).

I need to be adopted too! I mostly need help with Mega Tek useage and leave in conditioners as well. I haven't ordered MT yet but plan to do it tomorrow. I need my childhood lenght/thickness back. I think I have the right idea but two heads are better than one I've been told. C'mon, help a sista out!!

Also, I'm not sure what hair type I am and what is co-washing?

Back